1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just my luck:/

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Yaka, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Yaka

Yaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    just gota call from tvand video direct, seems the sharp 37GA3E i ordered was damaged just as they were getting it ready to sending it out to me. he asked if was after on for wall mounting and offered me the phillips 37" Philips 37PF9986 screen which i am told is more expensive and according to the apologetic fella on the phone much better. he confirmed it had a DVI port on Sky HD ready, and i will be abel to use my pc on it via the DVI port.

i was after the sharp as a freiend has the same model and has his tv working perfectly with his pc. if i cant get it to work what are my chances of getting a refund?

2. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I beleive there are some minor issues with the Phillips with PC connections, suggest you do a search. Can they not get another Sharp?

3. Yaka

Yaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    No they said i ordered the last one. and thanks for the search tip. think i'll give them a call in morning about the tv.

having read about it, no 1:1 picture from a pc via dvi.
    its defo going back. and looks like im gonna have to sit tight for now.

4. Yaka

Yaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    well todays been a wierd day, was talking about the phillips screen to a mate today and a guy who owns one of these taps me on the shoulder and says he has one of these exact model infact and if i wanted to i can take my pc to his place and try and get it working. in return i help him wall mount it. so i speant best part of an hour messing around with power strip and no joy. but having seen both the sharp and this running via component dvd player. i have to say thsi seemed better at the defualt settings.

and soon a si got back called tvandvideodirect.com and cancelled the order. all i can say from with my first and only dealing with them were that they were very helpfull and apologetic for the sharp lcd tv they broke.