just mode adjustment on Panny PW7?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by leedebs, Oct 28, 2005.

1. leedebs

leedebs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    As thread title.
    The reason?
    When in this mode the centre portion of the image is kept at the aspect ratio 4:3 but then the edges are stretched to fill the screen. On my Sony crt it's called smart and tbh it looks okay, I did go into the service menu on the Sony & adjust it so that it didn't crop too much off at top and bottom though. I have looked around some stores and the Panasonic just mode on most doesn't seem that bad (is this because they have a lot of overscan?)but on mine it looks horrible, when someone moves across the screen they "morph" as they go towards the edge, and when text is running across the screen it starts off large then gets smaller in the middle and then gets larger again....weird it looks!
    Is there a way to adjust this mode using the picture size controls or maybe in the service menu so that I can at least limit this effect? :lease:

2. leedebs

leedebs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
  3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    not that I have found, suggest you stick to 4:3, just always looks strange to me.

4. leedebs

leedebs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Cheers for the reply mep.
    Just looking at other panasonic plasmas in this mode they don't seem to distort as bad as mine. Oh well guess I will just have to live with it. :rolleyes: