Just how good is Apple customer service?

screemer

i am a bit fed up. Bought my iMaclast week from Trafford centre apple store. Took it back last night to exchange it for the upgraded model they hadn't told me about. The store is a one hour drive away, so 2 hour trip. Set it al lup today and its got a mark under the glass on the screen. Not a dead pixel, a definite mark so they said bring it back in to be looked at?? What do i do? Another 2 hour trip again?? Could the next one have dead pixels and be worse? this one is in the top right, and appears on everything!!!! i want Apple to sort me out somehow.

jont

The store should be happy for you to open and setup in store to check you are happy with it - especially after receiving a duff one !!

J

macdaddy

The store should be happy for you to open and setup in store to check you are happy with it - especially after receiving a duff one !!

J
Absolutely!!!

Apple are as good if not better than any other of the manufacturers/resellers out there.....

stuart07970

I sympathise with your frustration.

You've just been unlucky.

I too had a dodgy iMac and the staff at the Apple Store were great.

Ask to speak to the manager and explain how upset and disappointed you are, and about the time you've given up.

Bear in mind it was your choice to buy from the apple store, I'm sure you've got a local PCW or Comet or John Lewis who would have sold you one without a care in the world. Or you could have bought one from apple online with free delivery and all the protection of the distance selling regulations.

I've certainly been given a 10% off next purchase card which I used when I bought my 24" iMac.

Spare a thought for those poor guys who bought from PCW prior to the updates and are now stuck with the old model and paid full whack for it.

Steve Bate

Novice Member
I too was in the Trafford Centre yesterday, my iPhone started playing up not recovering from a reset so I thought I'd take it into the Apple Store for them to have a look at. They got me an appointment at the Genius Bar 10 minutes later and proclaimed the iPhone as "not very happy" 15 minutes later I walked out of the Apple Store with a replacement iPhone. I have to say the service was excellent.

Steve