Just How Bad... Are BUSH!

LongStrength

Ex Member
Reaction score
I would think that's it's not the best! For that price an size I think it will probably have a poor picture quality, but I may be wrong!

If I were you, I would spend another £50 or so even if you have to save a bit longer and get a better make in 47".

Look here

http://www.richersounds.com/products/home-cinema/lcd-and-plasma/lcd-led-tvs#1

The LG 47LM620 is a good TV and will be a hell of a lot better than the Bush!

Unlike the old CRT technology , which was very mature and around for the best part of a century , you cannot buy a no name brand like bush and expect quality.

The reason for this is that flat screen tech is relatively new , and patents are still held by all the major manufacturers for the tech that makes a decent picture. This will be the case for the next 10 years or so.

So if you want a quality TV , you must stick with the major manufacturers , luckily , price wars means that this is not that expensive to do , but stay away from the likes of Bush etc. They really are rubbish , unless you like your TV pictures to look like a Monet!

With regards to using a TV as a monitor for a PC , this is seldom a good idea.

It depends of course on how your using your PC , are you working on it for hours at a time ?
If so , a big TV as a monitor is a dreadful idea , as sitting close to it will make each and every pixel very visible. It will have fixed resolution of 1920 x 1080 max and no higher , so the bigger the screen the worse the situation will be.

Big TV's are designed to be viewed from a certain distance away , they most definitely are not designed to be sat in front of, as you would do if working on a PC.
Plasmas give off a lot of heat from the screen to boot , sitting in front of a plasma in a PC fashion would be very uncomfortable I would imagine.

If your just planning on surfing the net from the couch ,or using a HTPC for media playback , then that wouldnt be a problem , but in general , a TV as a PC monitor , very bad idea !

Last edited:
Bush is just a brand that gets sold on. At the moment I think Bush TVs are made by Beko.

Unlike the old CRT technology , which was very mature and around for the best part of a century , you cannot buy a no name brand like bush and expect quality.

The reason for this is that flat screen tech is relatively new , and patents are still held by all the major manufacturers for the tech that makes a decent picture. This will be the case for the next 10 years or so.

So if you want a quality TV , you must stick with the major manufacturers , luckily , price wars means that this is not that expensive to do , but stay away from the likes of Bush etc. They really are rubbish , unless you like your TV pictures to look like a Monet!

With regards to using a TV as a monitor for a PC , this is seldom a good idea.

It depends of course on how your using your PC , are you working on it for hours at a time ?
If so , a big TV as a monitor is a dreadful idea , as sitting close to it will make each and every pixel very visible. It will have fixed resolution of 1920 x 1080 max and no higher , so the bigger the screen the worse the situation will be.

Big TV's are designed to be viewed from a certain distance away , they most definitely are not designed to be sat in front of, as you would do if working on a PC.
Plasmas give off a lot of heat from the screen to boot , sitting in front of a plasma in a PC fashion would be very uncomfortable I would imagine.

If your just planning on surfing the net from the couch ,or using a HTPC for media playback , then that wouldnt be a problem , but in general , a TV as a PC monitor , very bad idea !

Everything I am doing now is from my comfy chair in front of my Sony Bravia.

I use it as a PC monitor with no problems at all, I do not sit any closer to it or have it on a desk, I have a wireless keyboard and touchpad, and surf the web for long periods of time, and play many games, my chair is comfy :D

I am normal viewing distance but would like something bigger.

I have just been told by Richer Sounds that the Panasonic TX-L47E5B is not as good as the Panasonic TX-L47ET5B even without 3D

wouldnt touch bush(owned by argos) a friend has a 42inch lcd and the picture is terrible(on hd channels) very ghosty and also banding problems, hes had 3 set(keep telling him to get his money back)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom