Just had the spookiest damned experience!

S

shadowritten

Guest
I was playing an old CD-R compilation I'd made years ago through my DVD player, which is linked by scart to my Freeview box, and from there to the TV. It's also on line out to my mini hifi, because it sounds a hell of a lot better than the machine's integral CD player. Anyway ...

... I played a track which has a very quiet opening, and through the speakers I could hear voices which shouldn't have been there! Visions of 'White Noise' begin, along with panic! I stopped playback, and the voices stopped. So I thought to myself, 'When the CD that I took this track from was originally made, it must've picked up some weird background noise from the studio ... or voices of the dead!' :eek:

I immediately reached for the original disc, selected the same track ... and oh my God, there were the voices! I actually heard the words 'spirits talking' on the CD!! By this time I was getting quite spooked. I was all set to send the disc off for forensic examination, when I played the track again. This time, I heard something familiar. It was a line from a current TV ad ... hang on, the Freeview box is switched on ... I can't believe it! Some residual sound was passing back from the Freeview box and into the DVD player, before being output to the speakers!

I felt a right twerp! Oh, and the line about 'spirits talking' was perfectly understandable: it was a trailer for some scary show on FTN.

D'oh!!! :suicide:
 

Bristol Pete

Novice Member
Classic. Reminds me of the time I drove through Lockerbie in the middle of the night. Was fiddling with the stereo in my motor and picked up horrible, awful noises of screaming. Random scream, wails and crying. Seriously.

I was well spooked and turned the stereo off proper sharpish and continued the journey to Glasgow in relative silence.

True story.

Pete.
 
S

shadowritten

Guest
Captain Benefit said:
Classic. Reminds me of the time I drove through Lockerbie in the middle of the night. Was fiddling with the stereo in my motor and picked up horrible, awful noises of screaming. Random scream, wails and crying. Seriously.

I was well spooked and turned the stereo off proper sharpish and continued the journey to Glasgow in relative silence.

True story.

Pete.

Jesus! Did you work out what was causing it?
 

Bristol Pete

Novice Member
No. It scared the bejesus out of me. I can still remember it like yesterday, driving along thinking WTF is this, with my left eyebrow raised just like Mike Keaton :)

I can only put it down to some random broadcast, perhaps opera or something similar, maybe even 'art' but there was no melody, sound, enjoyment to be heard just the noise.

Pete.
 
S

shadowritten

Guest
Pete, I'm on my own and it's blowing a gale outside. And I have a VERY overactive imagination right now! I shudder to think what you might've been hearing if it WASN'T a broadcast (cue EG with some sciencey bits ...)
 

Bristol Pete

Novice Member
Dont worry about Ghosts, as you are in an isolated spot the only thing you need worry about is the headless axe killer that roams your village on windy nights, killing lonely men whilst wives are away.......................or the hairy hands that appear, rapping at the window when you put Johan Bach on the CD player :eek:
 

Bristol Pete

Novice Member
Sadly yes.

Also the ghosts of dead sailors, pulled ashore by the lament of a siren upon craggy rocks, only to die a soggy death by drowning. Apparently they tend to wield hooks for hands and like to climb into your bedroom at night, effectively slicing you open as you sleep, looking for gold in your belly.

Look here

www.phantomsailors/portsmouth/bellyslice/killkillkill.co.uk

Sorry to be the carrier of bad news.
 

CooperUK

Well-known Member
A mate of mine had his granny staying with his family a few years back. She 'woke up' one morning and thought she has died as she could, as she said, "hear the voice of God."

Apparently during the night she'd knocked her hearing aid onto T-loop and was picking up the sermon from the church next door.

:devil:
 

Timbo21

Well-known Member
Captain Benefit said:
Dont worry about Ghosts, as you are in an isolated spot the only thing you need worry about is the headless axe killer that roams your village on windy nights, killing lonely men whilst wives are away.......................or the hairy hands that appear, rapping at the window when you put Johan Bach on the CD player :eek:

Naughty Captain trying to scare a grown man all on his own :nono:

;)
 

Timbo21

Well-known Member
Captain Benefit said:
Also the ghosts of dead sailors, pulled ashore by the lament of a siren upon craggy rocks, only to die a soggy death by drowning. Apparently they tend to wield hooks for hands and like to climb into your bedroom at night, effectively slicing you open as you sleep, looking for gold in your belly.

Look here

www.phantomsailors/portsmouth/bellyslice/killkillkill.co.uk

Sorry to be the carrier of bad news.

Link doesn't work for me, and what a vivid imagination. But still trying to scare lone men :mad: . I think you should go & stand in the corner :lesson:
:)
 
S

shadowritten

Guest
CooperUK said:
A mate of mine had his granny staying with his family a few years back. She 'woke up' one morning and thought she has died as she could, as she said, "hear the voice of God."

Apparently during the night she'd knocked her hearing aid onto T-loop and was picking up the sermon from the church next door.

:devil:

That's fantastic! :rotfl:
 

ush flynn

Novice Member
did anybody see the IT crowd on friday (or perhaps a repeat?)
i love the show most of the time but i think last friday was pretty hilarious
Moss told someone that the Woman (what the hell is her name anyway?) had died because the pressure from lying about her being busy got to him. Anyway it went on that the guy kept seeing her appear and he thought he was seeing dead people. The screaming head part i liked!

That story about the T-loop is hilarious, reminds me of an uncle of mine with his hearing aid. I expect, were that me, that i would have shat my pants
 

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Captain Benefit said:
Dont worry about Ghosts, as you are in an isolated spot the only thing you need worry about is the headless axe killer that roams your village on windy nights, killing lonely men whilst wives are away.......................or the hairy hands that appear, rapping at the window when you put Johan Bach on the CD player :eek:
And the wardrobe monster :devil:
 

Digger

Well-known Member

MonkeyKnuckle

Novice Member
Captain Benefit said:
Sadly yes.

Also the ghosts of dead sailors, pulled ashore by the lament of a siren upon craggy rocks, only to die a soggy death by drowning. Apparently they tend to wield hooks for hands and like to climb into your bedroom at night, effectively slicing you open as you sleep, looking for gold in your belly.

Look here

www.phantomsailors/portsmouth/bellyslice/killkillkill.co.uk

Sorry to be the carrier of bad news.


think your mistaken, thats the football team:D


(btw i am a pompey fan)
 

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom