1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just had Sky+ installed (a few questions)

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by quattro, Oct 12, 2004.

1. quattro

quattro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I've just had Sky+ Multiroom fitted and I'm not that impressed with the instal :thumbsdow , I live in an appartment which has a ballcony and the guy installed it to the side and above but IMO not high enough and when i look out i can see 3/4 of the dish, also he didn't use the twin cable just single and ran two cables seperatly untidy IMO, I did ask him to place it higher but by the time i had a look at it he was vertually finished, so where do i stand, I could easerly raise it as there is enough cable to do this or should i call them back ?
    Also when going through the menus i checked the signal Test page and on input 1 I'm getting around 80% signal strength where on input 2 I'm getting 100% is this normal ? Also on the Signal Strenth section I'm getting around 60% on both input 1 and 2 is this normal also?

2. JimmytheSaint

JimmytheSaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    The effort involved in getting the engineer back to move the dish is probably not worth it IMHO. If you can place it where you want, just go ahead and do it and point the dish where it is now on completion. You may also want to use this oppurtunity to run the extra cables, which will allow you to watch and record two seperate channels.
    The signal strength you have is quite normal for either input and usually decreases during bad weather conditions.

3. quattro

quattro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I think your right but its a pain having to do this, I do have the two cables already just they didn't use the twin cable.
    Cheer
    Quattro

4. antsplan

antsplan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I had a sky engineer out today to sort a problem with my poor signal quality, he replaced the dish/lnb and two cables for the single flex with two cable and told me that it was far superior, certainly my picture quality has improved drastically. I am not technical about this but am simply passing on what he told me - which could be incorrect.

Best of luck.

Ant

5. quattro

quattro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Moved the dish 2 courses of bricks upwards and still not 100% happy so will be resiting it in a few days. While i'm at it I'll change the cable to the twin type, does anyone know where i can buy this in say around 6m length?
    Quattro

6. tykent

tykent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    You can buy the twin cable by the meter here.