• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Just had my medical referred

hayz

Standard Member
Hi all, first time post, so be gentle with me :p

I have just done my medical with Sky for the technician / fitter job, but have been referred due to my left ear being unable to hear the higher scale of dB's.

Has anyone who has gone through the assessment ever been referred, and if so, what were the final outcomes?

*Does being referred mean a polite way of saying no?
*Does it have nothing to do with a 'no', they just need to be sure?
*How long would the wait time be for a decision?

I spoke to a lady on the phone, and she said that they would be receiving the results within 48 hours, and the examiner stated that this was the ONLY thing wrong, and that she doesnt think it will be a problem.

Any answers / helpful posts will be greatly appreciated.

Any flames / i-hate-sky-dont-work-there posts, well. just dont bother putting your input in please :)

Many Thanks,

Alex

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
I have just done my medical with Sky for the technician / fitter job, but have been referred due to my left ear being unable to hear the higher scale of dB's.

Alex, you don't heard dB's, you hear frequencies. (db's are a level)

Your referral is for your benefit. You obviously have a hearing problem in your left ear and it needs to be investigated. (The referral is most likely to your doctor.)

I doubt it will affect any Sky job offer.

Last edited:

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
I wonder if they check ears, not for hearing as such, but for possible balance problems, bearing in mind that dish installers often go up ladders.

Just a thought...

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom