just had hd installed

MARKAJONES

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi just had hd installed on Tuesday, firstly the installer was cr*p first he said to me did i want him in my house because the last customer kicked him out! Then when it came to wiring in the new box he put the new box on top of the old one and swapped the cables over as he took them out of the old box saying he wouldnt get them mixed up if he did it this way, all this without turninng any boxes off. Then it came to the HDMI lead and he said where do I put this? I said do you not know about the problems with pio plasmas and sky hd? he thought I was making it up untill I showed him pioneers statement to use component instead of hdmi. Anyway got it all set up everything is running fine BBc HD channel seems to be far better than any sky hd channels!

PIONEER 535XDE, DENON 1906, SONY DVD, MISSION SPEAKERS, XBOX 360, SKY HD, IXOS CABLES.

I had mine installed at 11am on "launch-day" (22nd May)

I was his second install that day. He was very confused with my setup. (See my HD Football picture below)
My wife was at home. He said at first, "I cant do this. I need to run an HDMI cable directly to your plamsa panel"

I had to explain to him on the phone (I was at work at the time) that it goes into the back of the media-receiver!

Having said that, he was a very professional installer replacing my dish and cables and even run in a new cable for my old basic digibox, even though it is not a multi-room subscription! :smashin:

Got to say I had quite the opposite experience.

Had HD installed a couple of days ago and the lad who came was fantastic.

First impressions were excellent as he put covers over his shoes to avoid muddy footprints ..... my wife loved him ..... and swapped the Sky+ over to Sky HD, paired the card, checked the HD channels were working and then left ... within about 40 minutes.

I suppose, like any service, the knowledge and experience of the Sky installers can vary somewhat.

HOW ARE YOU CONECTING UP YOUR HD BOX? IS IT ALL IN THROUGH YOUR AMP? i HAD MY 360 IN VIA COMPONENT, BUT THE HD BOX NOW IS IN COMPONENT VIA INPUT 2 . i NOW HAVE MY 360 IN VIA SCART SO I DONT HAVE TO KEEP SWITCHIG AMP ON JUST TO WATCH THE NEWS. HOPE SKY/PIO SORT THIS OUT SOON SO I CAN USE ALL MY KIT AS INTENDED.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom