1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got Yammie RX-V750 but have a question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by cyberdude, May 21, 2005.

1. cyberdude

cyberdude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I just received my 750 from TSNVersand. €417 delivered to Portugal - they go for €590 here so I am very pleased. Very happy with the service from TSN. :smashin:

I've connected the DVD, digibox and VCR via composit video to the 750. When watching DVD the volume seems much lower than when watching the digibox or VCR. Have I set something up incorrectly? I am just listening through 2 speakers at the moment so have the 750 set to 2ch stereo.
    Is there any way of increasing the input sensitivity on the individual source inputs to over come this?

It's a little annoying as when I switch to the digibox or VCR the sound suddenly blairs out. My cable are not high end but are of averge to good quality, i.e. not the cheapy leads that are often included with audio equipment.

Also, when I connect the source components via S-Video the picture quality is not very good. There seem to be lines / banding across the image. Any ideas why this could be?

Otherwise seems a great receiver but that remote is a handful. Not the most intuitive layout or functionality I've come across.

Appreciate any help.

2. spore33

spore33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the same problem m8 I think is just to do with the digibox out put volume

3. cliveuk

cliveuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    DVDs always play quieter than other sources i think thats pretty much the norm

4. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +876
    I agree with cliveuk - I always have to turn up the volume when playing DVD's in either DD or DTS.

Cheers,

Martin.

5. cyberdude

cyberdude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK thanks. I'll just have to learn to live with it then.