Just got Virgin, welcome to my nightmare!

jazzert100

I have just had Virgin cable installed, the full TV broadband package.
The internet is constantly dropping at the most inopportune times .
I tried calling them to cancel but despite being logged in to my account with my username and password,I keep failing security.
Is there 2 passwords commonly used with Virgin?
I was assured a password reset was being emailed to me, called again the following day and was told the password was being sent in a letter!
My other half is a teacher allegedly delivering home schooling live by Skype.I live on Teams as I am working from home .Asked if they could try to fix it but as I can't pass security they won't even try to fix it.
It's a nightmare!
Anyone had any experience of this and any suggestions as to how to get out of this lexicon of pain!😊

Thanks in advance J

spud131

I have just had Virgin cable installed, the full TV broadband package.
The internet is constantly dropping at the most inopportune times .
I tried calling them to cancel but despite being logged in to my account with my username and password,I keep failing security.
Is there 2 passwords commonly used with Virgin?
I was assured a password reset was being emailed to me, called again the following day and was told the password was being sent in a letter!
My other half is a teacher allegedly delivering home schooling live by Skype.I live on Teams as I am working from home .Asked if they could try to fix it but as I can't pass security they won't even try to fix it.
It's a nightmare!
Anyone had any experience of this and any suggestions as to how to get out of this lexicon of pain!😊

Thanks in advance J
Surely you can just phone them and report the issues. You shouldn't need your email or log in for that, they'll go through some security questions with you on the phone such as the bank account used for payment, bill amount etc.

thedude

Distinguished Member
If you can't pass security I don't know what you expect.
When you set up the account it's nice and easy to set it all up and you remember the password.
There's a reset button on the router if it's bugging out.
Also call them and log a fault for the broadband you don't need to speak with anyone they recognise the number.
They will fix it.

jazzert100

Thanks for the replies ,my concern is I am logging in using my password but when calling them they tell me my password that I am logged in with is wrong!
Needles to say no sign of the posted password!
I just want the basics a reliable signal and TV that doesn't lock up not having to reset Netflix every day and an interface that doesn't freeze.
Surely not too much to ask for?

DavidT

Try raising your issues on the VM Community forums. You should eventually get a VM tech response who will have much better access and knowledge than the usual call centre muppets.

spud131

Thanks for the replies ,my concern is I am logging in using my password but when calling them they tell me my password that I am logged in with is wrong!
Needles to say no sign of the posted password!
I just want the basics a reliable signal and TV that doesn't lock up not having to reset Netflix every day and an interface that doesn't freeze.
Surely not too much to ask for?
What do you mean logging in? Do you mean to your virgin media online account?
As I said before you should able to phone up and answer security questions like details of the bank account used etc and that will allow you to speak to someone about your problems.

jazzert100

I just spoke to someone helpful at Virgin!
Gave me alternate security questions and resolved my password issue instantly.
Apparently it's just your luck who you get to speak to, the other 2 people could have done the same but for some reason didn't.
Unfortunately the TV is still locking up dumping passwords and having the world's slowest interface and the broadband is randomly slowing down to 4 meg then back to 398 meg 15 minutes later.
By that time I have been dumped out of the teams call and moved on to my 4 g router.
My helpful experience at Virgin soon turned sour as I was passed to cancellations ...........one ring then dead air!
I had high hopes for Virgin but it's too much pain.

dante01

Distinguished Member
A password isn't strictly required. The representative would simply ask you personal questions if you cannot give them the 3 characters from your password (memorable word) they request. It isn't strictly speaking not a password and simply a memorable word used to validate who you are. This is to prevent anyone without the account holders authority from accessing your account or changing it.

The word itself isn't the password you use to access or log into your account online or sign into the apps with. It is a specific memorable word you should have given VM when you initially signed up. This word is just used when conversing with VM over the phone and not for any other purpose.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom