1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got the Tosh 46"

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by godzoooky, Feb 18, 2005.

1. godzoooky

godzoooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: This monster arrived yesterday at 10pm, was thinking about getting the 52" but this is way big enough for me i think!

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for all the help i have got through direct posts and also reading the posts of others! Will be setting up my PC on this beast tomorrow but im off now to enjoy it - having trouble deciding what to watch first!

Many thanks guys :thumbsup: :clap:

2. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +907
    :thumbsup: :beer: :beer: good for you mine arrives on thurs cant wait are u gonna be using your pc as the dvd player :smashin:

3. KableMan

KableMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    kourosh and godzoooky - what made you go for the Toshiba in the end - was it the price or were you won over by the performance? I've been trying to find out what owners think of the HD performance of the Toshiba because the reviews seem to indicate that while the PQ is sharp and very good its not awesome as it lacks that 3D depth i.e. the wow feeling of looking through a window. Is this true - what has been your experience.

I'm very tempted but i'm worried that i'll be disappointed once HD comes along :confused:

Any feedbak is greatfully received :)

Cheers
    KableMan

4. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +907
    HI kableman i went for the tosh it was more of i had 2 my first choice was the samsung 50" but my girlfriend didnt like it i could have got it for £2640 with 5yr warrenty but as she was lending me the money i sought of had no choice also my front room is not very big and it would of looked a bit stupid i think ive not seen the tosh with hd but i put a post up about 2 weeks ago and some 1 replied saying he had seen it in with high def picture and it was as good as the 50" sagem thats running at high def and ive seen the sagem and was quite impressed i got the tosh from contacts as i work for sony i paid £1480 inc deliv which aint to bad ive also ordered the panasonic s97 and the panasonic saxr70 home cinema amp which has hdmi in and out so im looking forward to thursday got the day off gonna spend the whole day setting it up :clap:

5. schnipps

schnipps
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good choice Kourosh, as of yet i still havent seen any hi-def material atall which is mad as i have had mine for nearly a month. I probably will never see hi def through it until next year as linking a pc up to it is just a big faff.

6. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +907
    or wait till nov when the hidef dvd players come out tosh,sanyo and i think nec are gonna be the first and also by the end of 2005 over 100 film will be availble in hidef to play on the new machines including the new batman film hopefully these players wont be stupidly overpriced

7. say33d

say33d

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32

thts a very good deal on the sammy 50inch, can u tell is where u were offered that deal???

cheers

8. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +907
    :thumbsup: say33d thats where john lewis was doing them for £2999.99 but i know sum1 in there to get staff discount