1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got System Setup but I have questions

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by danielod, Apr 13, 2003.

1. danielod

danielod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I just Spent a wedge of cash on the system shown in my sig, I love the sound I am getting from it (i just need a decent TV to go with it now ... but will have to save for it). I just have a question when I am playing Dolby digital DVD's the Sony Amp displays "Dolby Digital 3 / 2.1" similarly when playing DTS enabled DVD's "DTS 3 / 2.1" is displayed on the panel.

My worry is that the amp is getting sent a bad signal and just mixing up a 2.1 signal into some sort of mock surround output.

Any help/advice/infomation gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Dan

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope working fine. Means Three discrete front channels, Two discrete rears channels, and One discrete bass channel (LFE)

Next stop- 42" , at least. Or maybe a Sony G70 CRT PJ!

3. danielod

danielod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the quick reply, I am glad its working ok - although even if it wasnt it still sounds pretty damn good (i upgraded from a ps2/creative labs 5.1 speaker set) and its kicks that into the floor.

For the tv I am currently looking either JVC or pansonic 32" (to replace chepo "beko" 28" 4:3)

Thanks

Dan

4. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do a search on the model no's you're looking at- to get a idea if it's a turkey or not.