Just got Sky+ How long Can I Record ????

B Caine

Established Member
Reaction score
As the title says, it`s a standard box with 40g hdd, if I set it to record all it can how many hours would I get? Many thanks for any replies.

I think it's around 20 hours.

AS sacd says the average is 20 hours but recording bitrates are variable so it could far less if you record SKY's premium movies/sports (as well as other high bitrate channels) or far more if you record radio or low bitrates TV channels.
SKY+ records exactly what is broadcast with no compression which is why there is no difference between a live broadcast and the recording of that broadcast (PQ wise).

Yep its 20 hours ish, But when you record from sky movies 1,2, or 3, not only is it a high bitrate but it records the 5.1 cinema sound track, and so this takes up even more space :(

Which is a good thing as it's criminal to have SKY+ and a movie subscription and not use a 5.1 surround setup :)

Originally posted by Starburst
Which is a good thing as it's criminal to have SKY+ and a movie subscription and not use a 5.1 surround setup :)

Yes im working on it :)

We just bought a nice TV so i think my parents monies really tight at the moment.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom