Quantcast

Just got Sky+ How long Can I Record ????

B Caine

As the title says, it`s a standard box with 40g hdd, if I set it to record all it can how many hours would I get? Many thanks for any replies.

sacd

Standard Member
I think it's around 20 hours.

Starburst

Novice Member
AS sacd says the average is 20 hours but recording bitrates are variable so it could far less if you record SKY's premium movies/sports (as well as other high bitrate channels) or far more if you record radio or low bitrates TV channels.
SKY+ records exactly what is broadcast with no compression which is why there is no difference between a live broadcast and the recording of that broadcast (PQ wise).

C

chilpillphil3

Yep its 20 hours ish, But when you record from sky movies 1,2, or 3, not only is it a high bitrate but it records the 5.1 cinema sound track, and so this takes up even more space :(

Starburst

Novice Member
Which is a good thing as it's criminal to have SKY+ and a movie subscription and not use a 5.1 surround setup :)

C

chilpillphil3

Originally posted by Starburst
Which is a good thing as it's criminal to have SKY+ and a movie subscription and not use a 5.1 surround setup :)
Yes im working on it :)

We just bought a nice TV so i think my parents monies really tight at the moment.