Just got SKY HD today, the box sounds like an aircraft

slost

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the world of sky hd just installed this morning, the picture looks great, however the sounds like an aircraft even on standby, my sky plus box was silent, is this normal ?

Mine is fairly silent - did the engineer ensure that he had downloaded the latest software??

Have a look at this thread, it details the up-to-date software version and what to do if yours is not this version. To check which version you have just press the following on the SkyHD remote :

* Services
* System setup
* System details

Then look where it says "Operating system version"

Mine is fairly silent - did the engineer ensure that he had downloaded the latest software??

Have a look at this thread, it details the up-to-date software version and what to do if yours is not this version. To check which version you have just press the following on the SkyHD remote :

* Services
* System setup
* System details

Then look where it says "Operating system version"

Yep running the lastest version 1.32.A09

I would reboot it anyway.

Anybody know whether it is worth upgrading HDMI lead from the standard Sky lead to a Belkin lead ? Will I see or hear any differerance as obviously dont want to throw money away.

Really do not think that upgrading the lead will see any significant improvement in PQ, unless you have a run of more than say 5m - save your money otherwise.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom