• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Just Got New Xbox With 200gig

Alun

If you can find it, use the slayer installer.

Will wipe everything and put a few apps on. enigmah, dvd player etc.

Alun

TBH I've been out of the modding scene since I got my 360, but its what I used to use and I did several of them.

unique

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376835

check that thread (warning it's long, so i suggest look from the most recent page first)

you will find links to CASH v1.1 and other stuff, and if you look at some of the other posted sites for reference to xbmc, on the front page of one of them if you scroll down you may find details of an FTP site, there was mention of them changing isp and thus opening up the ftp for a few days before the old isp close them down. they had loads of stuff like AID3, slayers disc etc, basically everything you could want

i haven't modded mine yet as i'm waiting on my xploder kit to turn up, but reading up on things it seems the folks on the forums here think CASH is the best install kit, whereas elsewhere people seem to think it's AID3

if you box is already modded and you just want to upgrade, i'd read up a bit more before you use install discs as it might not give the required effect. i get the impression to upgrade from one thing to another, you need to delete the old software first, then add the new, and ftp is the way to go rather than an install kit. i could be wrong however, i've just been reading all the install guides in prep for modding myself, and i got all the different builds and stuff so i could install the best version, but CASH was recommended to me

unique

ok well how can I delete everything and start again then

i dunno, but if you look at the links on that other thread you should find out what you need. there's a guy called sibeer on the forums that seems to know a lot about it, look at the links he posts as they seem to have all the best info. i don't think it's that hard to do, along the lines of connect via ftp, rename the folder of the old install, copy over the new, and if thats working you can then delete the old install folder. i just got the impression that using install discs with the wrong mod you can have problems. as your machine is already modded you just need to upgrade the apps etc, so you might not need slayer or krazies kit

delboyuk2005uk

when I transfer over my divx from pc to my xbox, when i go to play some of them they dont come on whats wrong? do i need to download any more codecs or anything?

delboyuk2005uk

the problem I have now is when i transfered my divx over from pc to my xbox on drive f videos, only some of them work.

rocky 6 works on my pc, but on my xbox when I select it it just freezes up.

whats wrong?

I am using xbmc do I need to change any settings or codecs?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom