• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Just got myself Onkyo 414 and was wondering...

belfastchild

Standard Member
Which setting is Dolby Digital.
The settings are as follows..PL11 Movie, Neo:6 cinema, TV Logic, All Channel Stereo, Full Mono, TheaterDimensional, Direct, Mono...
I have the amp connected to TV via HDMI out and sky hd connected to amp via HDMI and optical cable..... Is this correct or do u know any tips to improve sound... I've no subwoofer yet
Thnx

dante01

Distinguished Member
Dolby Digital isn't a setting or mode, it is a format. You'll only get Dolby Digital if the actual content is encoded with it.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Ah rite ok.. So is my set up correct?

From what you've posted yes, but have you assigned the audio coming into the receiver via the optical connection to the HDMI input associated with the SKY box? You also need to configure the SKY box's audio output to Dolby Digital via its settings.

belfastchild

Standard Member
Ok.... I think that's it now. In the Digital Audio menu I've assigned optical 1 to cable/Satellite & changed Sky accordingly.
Thanks again.
Now I just need a Subwoofer.
Is there any way to improve bass until such times

dante01

Distinguished Member
Ok.... I think that's it now. In the Digital Audio menu I've assigned optical 1 to cable/Satellite & changed Sky accordingly.
Thanks again.
Now I just need a Subwoofer.
Is there any way to improve bass until such times

You are forced to use the front stereo pair for reproduction of Low Frequency Effects if there's no sub present. You are also left no alternative other than using the front pair to handle frequencies from other speakers designated as being not full range. There's little or anything you can do in terms of bass management without a sub.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom