just got my TH-37PX600

mikebh41

Hi
Have taken delivery of my new tv today and would be really greatful if someone could tell me the best settings to go for as i have read
on these forums that the out of box setting are not to good.I will be using it with standard sky via scart ,dvd via scart and the built in freeview any help would be great as its taken me a year to convince the wife that plasma is better than lcd so i don't want to give her any reason to complain.

Thanks
Mike:thumbsup:

kbj242

Novice Member
Hello Mike - I haven't got the PX600 (i've got the 37" PE50) but as they're both Panny's some general advice may benefit:
Firstly - take it out of Dynamic mode (or whatever the enhanced mode is called on the PX600). As you'll read on these boards, the screens are shipped in the Dynamic setting to overcome bright show-room lighting. I've got mine set to Normal and looks spot-on..
Turn Brightness & Contrast settings to 50%, I run the Colour setting at 60%.
Sharpness is also turned down to 50%.
I've got all the other settings turned off.
PQ is fantastic with DVD (via component) and on-board Freeview.
I hope thats been of some benefit ?
Enjoy yr new screen.

mikebh41

hi thanks for the info when you say dvd by component do you mean scart out of the dvd to the component in on the tv.Sorry but very new to all this.

razbox

mikebh50 said:
hi thanks for the info when you say dvd by component do you mean scart out of the dvd to the component in on the tv.Sorry but very new to all this.
Yes, as long as you plug it into AV1, AV3 or the Component input in the back of your TV

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Amazon Prime Video in August 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom