just got my pioneer 436xde

S

Seek

it is one very good tv but i have been reading that it has a scaler on it and the setting on it can be change if this is right can someone point me in the right direction to do this thx.

the set is running from sky + and the set is at 625i right now was wondering if i can change it to maybe a progressive setting?

thx very much for your help:lease:

Indeed the 436 does have a built in scaler - it has to to fit pictures (signals) to the native res of the plasma.

However this is automatically done with no user control (afaik). Source material can be changed, typically with upscaling DVD players or PC input, but with Sky you cannot chnage the supply signal - except between composite and RGB which is format changes as opposed to scale.

You may be thinking of the fact that you can change the refresh rate between 75Hz (for some reason I think it maybe 72, but thereabouts anyway) and 100Hz. Certain material responds slightly differently depending on the settings.

All Plasmas have basic scalers built in. They are also progressive by definition.

So if you feed a 436xde 625i, it scales up to 768p (screen res 1024x768).
If you feed it 1080i, it scales down to 768p.

Andrew

Andrew, why does the 436xde upscale Sky from 576i to 625i instead of 625p ?
or rather thats what it says it doing

It is reporting the incoming signal. 625i is a standard PAL signal, 576i of actual picture the rest is "control info" some of which makes the various display devices work, some is teletext etc.

Thanks Piers. Not having a 436, I wasn't sure of the answer to that question.

Attu.
Remember a plasma will always either upscale or downscale to it's native resolution.
No matter what signal you send to a 436xde, it will always give you a 1024x768 progressive picture.

Andrew

On the XDE of course you can't send it 1024x768 on anything but the front VGA port, so it always scales the picture, no way of avoiding it.

thanx for replying.

the only reason i asked this is because that on my sky+ when am looking at the channels i can notice the interlacing lines on the now and next banner.

does any1 else get this?

oh one more thing how do i turn on the pure picture to ADv in the menu it is allways blacked out :S

thx

Seek said:
thanx for replying.

the only reason i asked this is because that on my sky+ when am looking at the channels i can notice the interlacing lines on the now and next banner.

does any1 else get this?

oh one more thing how do i turn on the pure picture to ADv in the menu it is allways blacked out :S

thx

Turn OFF the 'pure cinema' setting! That will cure it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom