Just got my Philips 36'' 9607 P+

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Dan110, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Dan110

Dan110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First impression very good, however after a few hours a few niggly problems.

1. Vertical geometry is pretty bad, buildings lampposts and any vertical straight lines are a bit wonky!

2. On very white scenes, slight red staining on both sides of the screen.

Other than that, pretty happy. Can the vertical geometry be adjusted to straighten out the lines? Is it correct that I now have 7 days to return the item if i'm not entirely happy with it?

Thanks

2. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The seven day rule applies if you bought the set online or by mail order under the distance selling regulation so if you bought your set by either of these means then you will be able to send it back. I had the pixel+ 9527 and thought it was poor so i sent mine back;)

3. SHELEN 61

SHELEN 61

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my Phillips 36" pixel + a week ago along with the Panasonic XV 10 dvd , XR 10 receiver & HE 9 speaker kit and sub..............
    ALL I CAN SAY IS THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING AND INCREDIBLE TV , DVD AND SURROUND I HAVE SEEN AND HEARD ......... £2,500 AND WORTH EVERY SINGLE PENNY ......... :D :)

4. Dan110

Dan110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the 7 day return policy apply if I purchased the TV from Currys?

5. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    yes it should apply to all retailers

6. cdave

cdave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The 7 day rule is useful and it is easier to return within that time, however, the set must be fit for the puprose and of satisfactory quality, free from minor defects. If you find yourself outside of the 7 day rule because you did not spot something or it occured later then you are still covered by the sale of goods act 1974. The sooner the better though

Dave