1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just got my Panasonic TX36PL30..

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Deab, Dec 12, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Deab

Deab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered from QED for around £1440, delivered in 10 days (delay mainly with the couriers). So far so good.

Watching digital cable (NTL) via RGB SCART I'm not that impressed. Picture seems to pixelate in patches (depending on whats showing). The picture was crystal clear on my old JVC.

Colours are nice and vivid - GT3 on PS2 looks fantastic.

Anyone recommend settings to try? 100hz/prog scan, AI on/off, noise reduction?

It's still sitting on the floor at the moment until a strong volunteer turns up to help me lift it.

2. Rosco

Rosco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't help on the settings as I've only had mine for a couple of weeks and am still experimenting.

Can't say I've seen any pixelation on my Sky digital panasonic reciever.

Managed to get mine up on my own:D

Ross

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interested in this TV but I've been put off by the bad press on the PG series which I am told by Panasonic is the same as the PL/PB series.

I'd very much like to hear your honest views and observations based on your experience with the PL30.

Particularly on the issues reported in the review of the TX36PG50, such as image smearing etc.

Regards

4. Deab

Deab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Day 2 - and a quick play following work xmas party.

I picked up a RGB scart cable which has really improved the PS2 picture.

Also noticed that the contrast was set on max, reduced this and the 'pixel' effect seems to have gone.

I'll post more after the weekend, but I'm much happier now.

5. Rosco

Rosco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had some smearing initially but then bought some good quality scarts and the problem has gone away. I didn't mention it as it was my own faulty equiptment. I got my fully wired scarts from Lectropacks and am more than happy with the results.

Must admit that I am only just getting to grips with it and have not tried many permitations on the settings.

Rosco

6. rik

rik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am using;

Contrast at about 65%,
    Colour 40-45%,
    Brightness 50%,
    AI off,
    NR on,
    Flicker to on
    100Hz

I use this with my DVD player connected with a naff scart cable, but set to RGB (will upgrade when can!?)

I find that dark, shadowy areas are maybe a little too dark, but have'nt been able to fix it as yet. (AI makes the whites TOO white)

Can anyone help me access the service menu (he he doh!)

CIA Rik

7. rik

rik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Erm, just a bit of an 'up' I guess.

Soz

8. teknosys

teknosys
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having posted an earlier thread on 36in TV's I to have taken the plunge and gone for the PL 30. Using Arcam DV88 the results are stunning but not having digital, terestial tv is another matter picture is ok but my 29in philips in another room has a better picture hooked up to the same aerial. Ah well will have to wait for "free to air box" any news on there release?

9. Shultz

Shultz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my TX32PB50C yesterday after getting a refund on a Tosh 36ZP18P, what a crock of cr!p that was!! This panny is excellent & coupled with my Pioneer 444 DVD & QED scart/coxial I'm in heaven :)

Cheers Shultz.