just got my new panasonic 3d tv today

archer1204

Standard Member
Wasnt sure to post this thread in plasma or 3d so i decided on both to cover myself.
so just got my new panasonic tx p42vt30b today what settings etc you suggest i try so far no green tints or dead pixels so far etc.I mainly use it for watching blu rays and a bit of gaming.

Evotion

Standard Member
"so far no green tints or dead pixels "

Eek, thats a negative sentiment. Looking at getting an ST30 from a Panasonic store immenently.

I actually mentioned to the staff about dead pixels and h says he has not seen a case of this in 6 years from a panasonic set. Either he is lying, naive or this is only happening to cheaper TVs built at a lower spec.

Maybe you have heard different.
Ii wouldnt worry too much about it.

Evotion

Standard Member
He must have been in sales mode.. people on here talk about it and it seems to be a case by case basis and perhaps down to pot luck with no set being equal.

The more I look into this set and 3D in general, the more I get put off!

archer1204

Standard Member
Ok so put it into THX mode very happy apart from a quick quibble for some reason a couple of channels i have noticed the top 2 lines seem to have intermittent white and black lines like on CNN but not on bbc news any ideas how to get rid of this.Whats the best mode for watching blurays etc?

derek500

Ok so put it into THX mode very happy apart from a quick quibble for some reason a couple of channels i have noticed the top 2 lines seem to have intermittent white and black lines like on CNN but not on bbc news any ideas how to get rid of this.Whats the best mode for watching blurays etc?

You need to turn 'overscan' on. Personally, I suffer the odd channel's extra lines and prefer to see the whole frame.

archer1204

Standard Member
Hi so after xmas gonna drag out the xbox 360 and ps3 what do you think the best gaming settings are at day and night?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom