Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Just got my new Mission Volare V63 floorstanders

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Fjorko, May 3, 2003.

1. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    ......and what can i say !!!!

WOW they sound great !!!!!!!!! Excellent Bass...just like i want it. Clean and crystal clear mid and hi freq response.

I'm now playing them at about 25% volume to break them in, but even as they were played first....they sounded great !.....can't wait to hear them once they settled...

The Bass response is very good indeed

I looked at the Kef Q series aswell this morning, but the wood finish on it isn't at all impressive, the wood veneer seems to peel away on the edges and you can actually se where the edges are.......BUT ...the mission build quality is SUPURB !!!!! I love it ! it looks like one solid wood cabinet...and dude these babies are heavy.........

I had my doubts...but now i've heard and seen them in real life.....( they are playing in the background as we're speaking).....i can recommend them to anyone looking for a good floorstander

I got them for 579 quid at Paul Roberts Hi-fi in Bristol - i know i could have had them for cheaper on the web - but i couldn't wait any longer !...Next is the Sub, Centre and rears ! ( when i have money in my bank acount that is !! LOL ):D

BTW i have no links with mission at all ! Just a satisfied customer.

Cheers

:clap:

2. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If these are like other Mission speakers then they need loads of run-in time. So they should just keep sounding better and better. What HIFI seems to recommend about 70 hours :eek:

I've got Mission M51 BTW and I'm very happy :smashin:

3. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    What is the ideal volume level for the break in ?

Can one watch movies a part of the break in - just not too loud ?

Ideas ?

4. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Basically any sound that comes out will help run it in as long as it uses all/most of the frequency range (bass upto trebble). Also the louder it is (within reason) the quicker it'll break in.

If you've got a PC with a CD-RW, make your own audio CD with tracks with different genres of music on it (classical - death metal), and play it on repeat. Then put think blankets over your speakers and turn up the volume to a reasonable level that neighbours/flatmates won't mind. Ideal if you're heading out to work or something.

What HIFI said something about wiring one of the speakers the wrong way round to deliberately put it out of phase, and then having them face each other close to each other. Not sure what this acomplishes, can someone explain this?

5. WhyAyeMan

WhyAyeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    I think its a way of running it in where you can continously run them in without actually having to hear anything, i.e the waves that fire out of the out-of-phase speakers cancel each other out, and the drivers are working, but you dont hear anything.

I think :p

PS. Another happy mission owner here! :cool: