1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got my new LG RZ42PX11 and delighted

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by OkUThinkOfAName, Mar 17, 2005.

1. OkUThinkOfAName

OkUThinkOfAName
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently posted here asking if I had done the right thing by choosing the LG over the Philips 42PF9946, well I just finished mounting it on a stand and initial impressions are that I made the right choice.

Despite what many may say The PQ is as good as anything I have seen on more expensive screens like Hitachi or Sony, and I haven`t even made any adjustments yet. I am not easily pleased by the way.

Given the price of the TV and the number of connections and features this surely must be a bargain.

I was worried after reading about lip sync problems as that would really annoy me but so far I haven`t noticed any problems.

So just to say anyone considering a plasma < £1500 should check out the LG, I don`t think you will be dissapointed. :thumbsup:

2. DOCTOR_d

DOCTOR_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I second that...... but buy some good cables... :thumbsup:

Got mine today, bigger than I recall so it's now going on the wall now :)

3. jeffnail

jeffnail
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What was the price you paid for the LG ? and if from JL did you get the price match and 5 year Gtd ?

4. OkUThinkOfAName

OkUThinkOfAName
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Didn`t get it from JL, they have no branches in Northern Ireland yet. I paid £1495 which is probably cheaper than could be got in London or online but I like to have somewhere local to complain to if things go wrong.

5. reddragon

reddragon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. OkUThinkOfAName

OkUThinkOfAName
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I meant to say it could probably be got cheaper online or in london.

7. ake271246

ake271246

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whilst i am very pleased with my new LG RZ42PX11 Plasma TV i have a small question that someone with more knowledge and/or experience with Plasma TVs may be able to answer. I have Sky+ connected via a good quality scart and the pciture quality is in my opinion excellent.

When viewing my LG Plasma in full screen mode (no vertical or horizontal bars visible) i can't help but notice that images (e.g. faces) appear to be wider at the left and right sides of the screen. i.e. if a face is moving across the screen it appears to be wider/fatter at the edges than in the centre. It is also noticable when viewing the ticker text on Sky news as the text moves across the screen. I'm wondering if this is normal or down to the picture mode that i am using. Any suggestions/explanations would be most welcome.

Regards.

8. OkUThinkOfAName

OkUThinkOfAName
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed this tonite with scrolling text when in zoom or I think spectacle mode, the text would widen near the edges. I think it may have something to do with the picture being stretched to fill the screen. Could be they stretch the edges more to keep the middle of the picture looking right.

9. DOCTOR_d

DOCTOR_d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Not noticed the text stretching, must be the settings your using ???

The only odd thing I've noticed is sometimes when you change channel on SKY you get the picture followed by a flash of a black screen !

Any ideas ????

Besides that the picture using a good scart cable is spot on, I do get the odd solar glow but only on poor quality broadcasts.

I setup the component lead from my DVD and the picture is perfect, I'm over the moon with this Plasma :) the best thing I've purchased in a long time :)

10. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi Chaps

Can anyone recommend a decent DVI cable for PC to this TV?
    I will be locating this in our study and will use a PC (poss with media centre) as my DVD source and may get an aver media DVB box which will also use DVI or VGA connection. Just need to know which cables are the best.

Cheers

Tone

11. gordy

gordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Re the images appearing to stretch at the outer edges of the screen. I got that as well and it bugged the life out of me, especially during football when the touchlines appeared to bend as the camera panned!

I just switched the screen mode from spectacle (i think) to leave it on 16:9 permanently and that did the trick.

12. Ross-P

Ross-P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Its good to hear some positive comments on the LG as I'm thinking of buying one. I might be that bit nearer to buying one!.

Just a question though to owners of the LG, what is the sky picture like on this TV with scart connections ? I've only seen the LG next to a Pioneer XDE with poor cables , and I would have to say the LGs picture was just as good as the Pioneers, and the Pioneers double the price !.

13. PSD

PSD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Ross-P,

I use component for my DVD player and AV1 RGB for sky (not sky +). The picture is terrific, as good as my old CRT in many ways which was a what Hi-fi award winner a few years ago.....

Best of luck with your choice.

Paul

14. lawrenso

lawrenso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi All,

just received my LG today from JL, I have opened the box, to find that there is no stickers on the display anywhere. Has everybody else who has received theirs had the 5000:1 sticker on??

I am going to power it up in a bit and see what the firmware version is.

Cheers

Lawrenso