• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Just got my LG37 LG3000 came with free Stuck Pixel?

kpatm

Hello as the title says I just picked up my new LCD this morning from Richer Sounds.Set it all up connected my XBox and Wii(which looks pants by the way)need to get component cables for it.So I fire up the XBox and what do you know?I have 1 stuck pixel at the top left hand corner,its stuck on a green color.Now it may only be 1 but to me it sticks out like a sore thumb.I have tried using a couple of the methods to try and "free" it up but they havnt worked.Does anyone know any other way to get it going again.:thumbsup:

Bob Staines

Standard Member
I have the same set but fortunately no problems with it, however the salesman did say ( at comet) " We dont guarantee pixels"
To me that would be a fault and the set would be on its way back...pronto
Ive bought most of my av equipment at Richer sounds and had no problem with returns or service, give em a bell they might sort it out with no bother.

kpatm

Ok.Im just trying to get a hold of them now.BTW what do you think of your set,and what settings do you use.I have mine hooked up to my XBox (HDMI) it looks good but to be honest I was expecting a bit more.

kpatm

Ah well.I managed to get a hold of one of there staff on the phone and he said that I was to return it for a "NEW" replacement.Happy with that,only the shop is 30 miles away,but this stuck pixel is REALLY annoying.So I will try and return it tomorrow.

kpatm

Nah I know.But I will wait and see IF it is a brand new on they give me.It better be this one is only a day old

kpatm

Well I took the set back to Richer Sounds this morning(Just the TV).The were magic,swapped it over without any questions.Now considering it only had 1 stuck pixel I think I done well.So hats of to the guys at Richer Sounds in Glasgow:thumbsup:

ukmikk

Well I took the set back to Richer Sounds this morning(Just the TV).The were magic,swapped it over without any questions.Now considering it only had 1 stuck pixel I think I done well.So hats of to the guys at Richer Sounds in Glasgow:thumbsup:

Not so lucky for the customer they sell it on to..

herbsz

Are you sure they will do that? I thought it was illegal to resell returned goods. Or am I being naive. Will they not just return it to LG or sell it as a clearance?

kpatm

I dont think so they seem honest enough.In fact my sister was mentioning earlier that she did some sort of a project on Richer Sounds a while back due to their high standards of customer service and the likes.The guy also mentioned to me that they would have to sell the set I returned at a reduced cost.

ukmikk

They don't have to return it - the manufacturer will not accept 1 stuck pixel as a fault (they will regard it as within tolerance).

And they won't just write it off and bear the cost themselves.

And no one (in their right mind) will buy it with the fault declared, even at a discount.

So...

Orbitalzone

Of course some items 'accidentally' get boxed up and sold again as new... it happens in some stores, or has been reported in the past..... along with 'new' PC's that somehow have someone else's documents already on the hard drive! :D

Many retailers would simply sell the product in a sale or managers special or shop soiled etc.

The manufacturers have allowances of 'x' amount of stuck pixels within a certain area before declaring it faulty... when you consider the millions of pixels on a screen it's amazing they generally all work at all!

kpatm

And no one (in their right mind) will buy it with the fault declared, even at a discount.

So...

I dont know about that.There is ALWAYS someone looking for a bargain,and one stuck pixel maybe annoying to me and a lot of other people,but somebody would put up with it if it meant a good discounted price.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom