1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got my first LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Exemplar, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Exemplar

Exemplar
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,505
    Hi group. Just bought my first LCD TV, a Mitsubishi Black Diamond 27". In the box was the tabletop stand as well as a wall mounting bracket. Mounted it Sat night (Yes you guessed it, above the fireplace) and WOW! very very very impressed. Even in the shop it stood out as a good picture and the wifey even agreed that it was better then the others (We were watching 'The Incredibles', and yes I know that they all put on DVD's that are better than the TV). Anyway, back to the TV we were both stunned by the picture quality on Sat night although we were both a bit knackered after all the drilling etc etc. I have fed it with a freeview box and an NTL box. On the freeview the picture is awesome, but on the NTL box these is a lot of factoring, but I believe that this is a common problem with NTL boxes anyway! My only real niggle is that if you use the freeview remote it not only changes channel on the box but also on the LCD TV, but I will somehow overcome this!
    So there it is, the Mitsubishi 27" is a real good bit of kit!
    Alex

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What model number is it and where did you buy it? Do you have a link?

Dave

3. Exemplar

Exemplar
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,505
    Richer Sounds mate (I get staff discount there even though I left 5 years ago!!, the store price is £800). I have to say that we spent three long long weeks looking for one, but this one just really stood out.

4. mr-monday

mr-monday

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Wow I didn't know that Mitsubishi were back in the TV business. I had one in the 80's and it was great quality.

5. Exemplar

Exemplar
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,505
    My fave thing about it is that the black is not just black, but dark matter!