Just got my e55 delivered Quickie

D

daylightfading

Its here so I wil set it up later.

Could someone just confirm if this set up looks ok?

Video to pana via vid/audio cable.
Sky scart 1 to pana scart 1 pana scart 2 to TV scart 1 TV scart 2 to Sky scart 2 This will save the family from getting confused and they should be able to watch sky on av2 channel.

I was also going to connect my Panny 520 home theatre to TV via s video.

Think this is okay? or do the experts have a better solution as I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Connect Sky scart 1 to Panny Scart 2 and Panny Scart 1 to Television and set all to RGB.
This is the only way to get RGB in and out of the E55 and when it is in standby you still get Sky RGB passed through to the TV.

The other connections seem OK :)

johnjackthom said:
...This is the only way to get RGB in and out of the E55 and when it is in standby you still get Sky RGB passed through to the TV.

I have the same items on order. I was planning to use E55 AV1 out via component video + scart for audio into Viera AV4 in ? Will this not work in standby ?

Thanks.

Daddy said:
I have the same items on order. I was planning to use E55 AV1 out via component video + scart for audio into Viera AV4 in ? Will this not work in standby ?

Thanks.

I understand the component output only works when the E55 is switched ON.

I suppose this wouldn't be too bad because, at least when in standby, you will still have RGB passed through on the AV1 scart output. Is AV4 on the Viera RGB capable?

The website says:

AV4: AV In/Out, S-Video/RGB In, Q-Link (rear)

So maybe the Scart could carry RGB to AV4 in standby like you say. I'm not sure about switching to component input when watching DVDs etc.. I guess I will need to experiment a bit when I get the kit.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom