Just got my 360 - what now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinners

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Cant wait to get it going. :D

So people, what should I do first when it's plugged in ?

What does a noob ex Sony fanboy like me need to know

Teach me !! :lesson:

I guess you could allways have a play on a game or something.....:thumbsup:

daveaka said:
I guess you could allways have a play on a game or something.....:thumbsup:
Oh do I need one of those then ? :D

Console came with Over G so will try that and I will borrow GR:AW from a mate.

I was thinking more about that Live stuff and Marketplace and whatever the hell that stuff is all about...

Do you have it connected to the net for Live? You should get one month free Live subscription and you can download the Dead Rising and Saints Row demos, as well as loads of HD trailers, Audioslave music videos, etc from the XBOX Live Marketplace.

Are you going to stream music/pictures from your PC - go to www.xbox.com/pcsetup (I think?) and download the necessary Media Connect software.

Connect your iPod/MP3player/digital camera/etc via the USB socket and enjoy them on the big screen!

The possibilities are endless - but the games are the best!

If you're into old-school games check out the XBOX Live Arcade too - Street Fighter II, PacMan, etc

And most of all - enjoy!

Paul.

Connect to Xbox Live and download all the free stuff you can get your hands on.
You don't need any games, download the decent demos, e.g. Dead Rising, BF2, Lost Planet etc.

Paulleahey / rEVILospud - thanks :thumbsup: sounds great !

Do something in a game to earn an achievement and get some gamerpoints. We can't have you sitting here with 0!!

bishman said:
Do something in a game to earn an achievement and get some gamerpoints. We can't have you sitting here with 0!!

Do I get points for being owned a lot then ? :rotfl:

not to pee on ya chips, but you did get a premium pack, didnt you?

Otherwise market place is a bit off limits till you get a hard drive.

welcome to the world of HD gaming:hiya:

Alun said:
not to pee on ya chips, but you did get a premium pack, didnt you?

Yep, Premium & VGA & my HDTV = :smashin:

tinners said:

Jesus these threads are getting worse, "Convince me why i should buy X"
and "Tell me why i should play Y", Now what should i do when i plug it in? :rolleyes:

It doesn't even look like he's played a game on it yet, nothing showing up on the gamercard. Get a game played man!

Anotherlimey said:
and "Tell me why i should play Y", Now what should i do when i plug it in? :rolleyes:

Give the fella a break! Out of any console that's been available or IS available the 360 is the most elaborate to date and isn't the easiest to navigate first time around...

It doesn't even look like he's played a game on it yet, nothing showing up on the gamercard. Get a game played man!

C'mon guys give me a break I only got it in my lunch hour today! Not even been home yet !!

Anotherlimey said:
and "Tell me why i should play Y", Now what should i do when i plug it in?

I'm just after learning a bit about the non-gaming side of the console from people who have had them a while. Is that not what these forums are all about ? If you dont want to help you dont have to post or read the thread do you ? Jeez sorry I offended you mate.... :)

Your right and im sorry Tinners, I can be a miserable git sometimes :rolleyes: , Enjoy your new purchase mate its worth every penny :thumbsup:

Anotherlimey said:
Your right and im sorry Tinners, I can be a miserable git sometimes :rolleyes: , Enjoy your new purchase mate its worth every penny :thumbsup:
No worries mate, am itching to get home and get online... :D :D

tinners said:

Turn the plug and the tv on, it helps :smashin:

Right enough already. :thumbsup:

Anyway dont you mean connect the VGA cable, connect the TOSLINK cable, connect the wireless bridge, setup the amp, setup the Harmony remote, setup the Media Center PC, etc...... and then turn it all on and hope for the best.

tinners said:
Right enough already. :thumbsup:

Anyway dont you mean connect the VGA cable, connect the TOSLINK cable, connect the wireless bridge, setup the amp, setup the Harmony remote, setup the Media Center PC, etc...... and then turn it all on and hope for the best.

You forgot "cross your fingers"... schoolboy error :nono: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom