Just got HD installed

slowpoke

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions?

Do I need to connect the the box to my onkyo amp to get 5.1 sound using optical?

If I record something in HD and then try and play it on a different TV that is not connected using the RF2 should i tplay back in HD, I dont think so but worth asking?

Cheers

Couple of questions?

Do I need to connect the the box to my onkyo amp to get 5.1 sound using optical?

If I record something in HD and then try and play it on a different TV that is not connected using the RF2 should i tplay back in HD, I dont think so but worth asking?

Cheers
Unless your TV has Dolby Digital then that's a yes.

You'll get HD out of the HDMI cable or composite cables connected to an HD ready TV. Scart and RF will output it as SD.

You'll get HD out of the HDMI cable or composite cables connected to an HD ready TV. Scart and RF will output it as SD.

NOT TRUE !:suicide:

HDMI or COMPONENT for HD video..................and NO Component on the latest boxes! :mad:

I think we all know that suffolktoon meant component, not composite.

None intended.

Do we ALL know that? Surely if we ALL knew everything we wouldn't need to ask on here:rolleyes:

As we don't ALL know what the OP knows, it is surely better to make sure he does know he is not going to get HD video from Composite. For ALL WE know he might have come back on here in a few days saying he had tried Composite and it was crap! :rotfl:

None taken.:hiya:

Does that mean on the new boxes I cant run a component to my second TV to get HD on the second TV??
Havnt looked what box I have exactly, I know its a Thompson

Does that mean on the new boxes I cant run a component to my second TV to get HD on the second TV??
Havnt looked what box I have exactly, I know its a Thompson

If you have a Thomson box then it should have the component connections. It's the latest Samsung & Pace boxes that are said not to have component connections and I think I'm right in saying that those boxes aren't on general release yet.

ATB

Max

the newest thompson boxes dont have component also:suicide:

Really? I wasn't aware of that, any chance of a picture of the back of yours?

ATB

Max

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom