Just got BOLT 3D on my Sammy 55"

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
I just got my second pair of specs today from sammy at long last and my BOLT 3D turned up as well :)

Just had a quick look at BOLT and WOW its amazing quality , it fills the screen fully no black bars anywhere and it is amazing.
Why oh why could xmas carol not be full screen like this , going enjoy this over the weekend big time and just ordered the USA blu ray of Polar Express 3D as well happy days :thumbsup:

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
I just got my second pair of specs today from sammy at long last and my BOLT 3D turned up as well :)

Just had a quick look at BOLT and WOW its amazing quality , it fills the screen fully no black bars anywhere and it is amazing.
Why oh why could xmas carol not be full screen like this , going enjoy this over the weekend big time and just ordered the USA blu ray of Polar Express 3D as well happy days :thumbsup:

Glad to hear Bolt is sorted. Mate, I only saw a small snippet of that Christmas Carol and even though the black bars were there it wasnt as bad as I was expecting, going to watch it with the lady friend first weekend of december after we have set up the Christmas tree.

Might watch Bolt 3D this weekend.

dog2_99

i watched Christmas Carol last wkend and i was much impressed with the 3D on display; best so far...not watch Bolt yet

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
Cheers commander :smashin:

Just looked at some reviews for the usa release of clash of titans and they are not good to be honest :thumbsdow

i was under the impression that polar express was only the old style 3d (ie red/blue lens glasses only?) where abouts have you ordered it from ,as may get if proper 3d.

cheers

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
i was under the impression that polar express was only the old style 3d (ie red/blue lens glasses only?) where abouts have you ordered it from ,as may get if proper 3d.

cheers

Just released in USA this week , bought mine from amazon and its already shipped and its region free :smashin:

This will be great for xmas

OwenDarko

Same...got Christmas Carol and waiting for Polar Express...start watching em from next weekend probably..be nearly December..and then only 25 days till Christmas! woop! haha

Bolt is a strange one actually...i'm having some problems with it...the dreaded visible bars on both left and right! Not a perfect 3D thing sadly. (in my opinion).

wonneil

Cheers commander :smashin:

Just looked at some reviews for the usa release of clash of titans and they are not good to be honest :thumbsdow

Unfortunately Clash of the Titans wasn't made using a stereoscopic 3D camera (unlike Avatar) and was converted into 3D afterwards, which is why it has some pretty bad reviews. I can't comment though as I never bothered going to see it after I learnt that.

May well still but on Bluray 3D though :)

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
Same...got Christmas Carol and waiting for Polar Express...start watching em from next weekend probably..be nearly December..and then only 25 days till Christmas! woop! haha

Bolt is a strange one actually...i'm having some problems with it...the dreaded visible bars on both left and right! Not a perfect 3D thing sadly. (in my opinion).

Must admit I was dreading this coming due to the dreaded bars , but I can honestly say mine is perfect well at least the 10 mins I have watched.

Matson

Distinguished Member
i'd love to know what you think of bolt 3D once youve seen the whole thing.
So far its been the only 3D movie i haven't been able to watch all the way through because of crosstalk.

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
i'd love to know what you think of bolt 3D once youve seen the whole thing.
So far its been the only 3D movie i haven't been able to watch all the way through because of crosstalk.

Will let you know mate , is there any bad parts in particular I can check out ?

SteveLA

Watched Christmas Carol last weekend and was excellent.
Watched clash of the titans yesterday and only a couple of scenes pop out at you and would say not really worth watching in 3D.
Just watched bolt and was excellent, didn't have any crosstalk as mentioned above.

adrianwright

Watched Christmas Carol last weekend and was excellent.
Watched clash of the titans yesterday and only a couple of scenes pop out at you and would say not really worth watching in 3D.
Just watched bolt and was excellent, didn't have any crosstalk as mentioned above.

Hi J0N0,

I am really seeing the crosstalk on the Samsung 63C7000, especially with movies like Bolt. Are you sure yours is Crosstalk free?

Not trying to be antagonistic, but I have read many 3D Bluray reviews from someone using the 46" Panasonic and he states he has yet to see a 3D Bluray which does not exhibit crosstalk / ghosting to some varying degree.

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
Yes I must admit my copy of BOLT 3D is really superb and no crosstalk on my 55" C8000 :smashin:

adrianwright

Yes I must admit my copy of BOLT 3D is really superb and no crosstalk on my 55" C8000 :smashin:

I cannot see how this can be. From my understanding, Plasma is better at handling this than LCD. Crosstalk is rife on this movie on the Samsung 63C7000.

Looks like I should have bought a Panasonic instead of this POS Samsung :mad:

SteveLA

Hi J0N0,

I am really seeing the crosstalk on the Samsung 63C7000, especially with movies like Bolt. Are you sure yours is Crosstalk free?

Not trying to be antagonistic, but I have read many 3D Bluray reviews from someone using the 46" Panasonic and he states he has yet to see a 3D Bluray which does not exhibit crosstalk / ghosting to some varying degree.

Well all I can say is I have watched it and had no problems with crosstalk on my VT.

toddy28

Looks good on my 46c8000 no crosstalk to speak off

Maybe the the 8000 handles it better then the 7000 or as your screen is a 63 it might be a bit slower on the refresh

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
Looks good on my 46c8000 no crosstalk to speak off

Maybe the the 8000 handles it better then the 7000 or as your screen is a 63 it might be a bit slower on the refresh

Yep totally agree mate , me and girlfriend watched this over the weekend and no crosstalk whatsoever on my 55" C8000 :smashin:

Matson

Distinguished Member
i find that strange because reviews have even said the sony has less crosstalk than the samsung lcd's but you guys with the samsung say you dont see any?
i had LOADS on my sony :thumbsdow

toddy28

i find that strange because reviews have even said the sony has less crosstalk than the samsung lcd's but you guys with the samsung say you dont see any?
i had LOADS on my sony :thumbsdow

On some titles there is loads of cross talk the worst I have is IMAX space station and the best is how to train your dragon and avatar so I say it's the content that causes bad cross talk

I watched the tennis on sky and it was terrible but the rugby was amazing

wonneil

On some titles there is loads of cross talk the worst I have is IMAX space station and the best is how to train your dragon and avatar so I say it's the content that causes bad cross talk

I watched the tennis on sky and it was terrible but the rugby was amazing

Hi, where did you get how to train your dragon in 3D?

if its any help, ive a samsung 680 and the cross talk on the ps3 game GT5 is unbeleivably bad.............

toddy28

OwenDarko

To be honest..there is a hell of alot of contradicting regarding crosstalk/ghosting. I was told it was the actual content that is the problem..therefore if someone is seeing crosstalk/ghosting on bolt then others would have it too!

I have a 40C7000 and some films there is no crosstalk while others there is..therefore it can't be the TV. I turned 'Game Mode' to 'ON' just recently and the ghosting does indeed seem a bit better..however it's still on 'Bolt' but very faintly...like i said before..the worse part of the movie is the visible but very faint bars you can see on the left/right of the image, which change shape to each scene...

I'm 90% happy with my Samsung C7000, the blacks are 'ok' and the backlight comes through on the four corners, but this only shows up on really dark scenes and has been kept under bay with my settings..thankfully i have no clouding..other then that the actual image is superb.

I'll be buying another 3DTV in the future..and i'll probably be searching for a panasonic next time.

adrianwright

To be honest..there is a hell of alot of contradicting regarding crosstalk/ghosting. I was told it was the actual content that is the problem..therefore if someone is seeing crosstalk/ghosting on bolt then others would have it too!

I have a 40C7000 and some films there is no crosstalk while others there is..therefore it can't be the TV. I turned 'Game Mode' to 'ON' just recently and the ghosting does indeed seem a bit better..however it's still on 'Bolt' but very faintly...like i said before..the worse part of the movie is the visible but very faint bars you can see on the left/right of the image, which change shape to each scene...

I'm 90% happy with my Samsung C7000, the blacks are 'ok' and the backlight comes through on the four corners, but this only shows up on really dark scenes and has been kept under bay with my settings..thankfully i have no clouding..other then that the actual image is superb.

I'll be buying another 3DTV in the future..and i'll probably be searching for a panasonic next time.

My 63C7000 is terrible on this film. The opening menu has a chap messing in a lab in the background. You can clearly see three of him, and from their the first 10-20 minutes of the film are laden with Crosstalk. The 'Bolt' opening logo has lots with each letter bleeding into the other. The 3D nearest to you seems fine, further away it just blurs. So much so, that if you lift the glasses, the picture seems no better.

I am really tempted now to kick this set out of the door and get it swapped for the 50" Panasonic.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Denon announces five new 8K AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom