1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got AE900 - WOW!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by xavster, Oct 24, 2005.

1. xavster

xavster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Got an AE900 on Saturday. From KrishAV in Chiswick - had a dem and was amazed.
    Set up laptop last night with Powerstrip and had a look at some HiDef stuff - honestly the most incredible thing I have ever seen. Far better than all the hidef demos in Comet/Currys. Genuinely as good as/better than a cinema! SKY HD anyone?
    Can't see the iris in action during a film at all, but you can when using the PC - NOT during the HiDef clips, but when opening new windows etc, but really not an issue - it reacts instantaneously.
    Absolutely no screen door either.
    Very very impressive!

2. gingercat

gingercat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Congrats on your purchase :) Is this your first PJ?

3. xavster

xavster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    It is. Use them at work quite a lot (lots of DLP projectors in classrooms - I'm a teacher). Just had to be LCD!
    Took it to a friend's on Saurday and we watched "SOuth Park- Bigger Longer, Uncut". Not classic demo material, but good fun!! Friends were all astonished by it but no-one else has seen the HD stuff yet!!

4. wyrdness

wyrdness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I went into Krish early last week and they said that they didn't have a demo machine available. I need to go to my bank this week, which is in Chiswick. I always park my bike opposite Krish so may go in to see if they've got a demo machine set up now. That is, if I haven't already bought from someone else by then!