1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got a Strata III and WOW!!!!!

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by maddogmcq, Feb 6, 2005.

1. maddogmcq

maddogmcq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought a brand new, boxed Strata III in Rosewood and must say that its totally awesome! I paid £475 for it.

I bought it to compliment my SUPERB B&W P5 speakers which go all the way down to 28Hz anyway. The flexibilty of the REL Strata allowed me to integrate the sub seamlessly, so it just feels like part of the system now, without hogging the limelight.

With music (Marantz CD-17 KI Signature Series) the soundstage seems to have opened up enormously - I just can't explain it! And with movies (Yamaha DSP-E800) the room positively shakes when watching big scenes.

Its the best damn money I've spent for quite some time and I am now saving to get another one to totally miff my neighbours (in the next street) :laugh:

If you were thinking of buying one of these - don't hesitate!!

2. gktk

gktk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    where did u buy your strata III ?

3. maddogmcq

maddogmcq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - I bought it from Ebay.

4. spiderv6

spiderv6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow 475 quid is a great price but I hope you didn't have to pay the postage on it! :D

5. zoolander

zoolander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice 1 maddog, it is indeed a fantastic sub :thumbsup: i got mine brand new boxed for £500 from Hughes electrical in Norwich about 5months ago also in rosewood. Its the 1st sub that ive actually liked enough to use for music. Extremely clean fast and deep bass which is what subs should produce!

Zoo