Just got a Sony Bravia 46X

J

JayList

And it's gorgeous.

I got it to match the PS3 as 1080p really interests me. Took delivery of it last week. Just got it plugged into the PS3 now.

Asthetically this is amazing. The Bravia 46X looks the business. The floating glass surround is very sexy, and the lit up Sony logo also looks the business.

The Picture quality seems great. I've only given it a little test, Talladega nights and also Black Hawk Down in Blu Ray. They both look amazing but I have only watched them for 10 minutes each on Blu Ray.

The PS3 operating system is also super crisp. I should mention I'm using a Monser 400h HDMI cable for best quality. Text is really crisp.

Couldn't be happier with the picture. The colours are definatly vibrant. I must see what settings there for the usual optimisations etc.

Controller is solid and well designer, lots of ports on the back to connect stuff. Although I'll probably pair it with an AV processor using HDMi so I'll keep the connectivity simple. Definatly reccomend this TV. It's A) Great Picture Quality and B) Great looking.:clap:

Very nice. Have the 40X version myself.

Quite jealous you have a PS3 though.. ;)

Could u check the motion blur and stuff. Want to get 1 of these for Sky, PS3, 360 and bluray and normal dvds.

Worried about the motion blur

I've had my 46X for 5 days now and i'm loving it!

Only very slight motion blur when viewing fast moving sports in SD but movies are fine (could be the crappy bitrate of SD Sky). I have noticed motion blur when gaming on the 360 as well though which is a shame. Maybe i'm just more particular than most people but it's definitely there! PGR3 was the worst offender and the game also has a lot of simulated motion blur which doesn't really help matters. Games like Gears Of War look absolutely fine though.

Anyway a question to the OP and anyone else who owns either a 40X or 46X and a 360 or PS3, do you have 'Game Mode' switched on when gaming? Apparently it bypasses a lot of the circuitry in the TV so you get a faster response from the panel but i can't find more detailed info anywhere. I'm trying to find what exactly it bypasses as i can't notice a difference when gaming.

Thanks in advance :smashin:

Could u check the motion blur and stuff. Want to get 1 of these for Sky, PS3, 360 and bluray and normal dvds.

Worried about the motion blur

Will take some pics. Couldn't see any blurring in Resistance Fall of Man, or in Talledega nights or Black Hawk Down in Blu Ray. But only watched 15 minutes of each and was in 'awe mode' so I wasn't being objective. Will have a more exhaustive look in the next few days and let you know. I haven't tried 'Game mode' yet for the PS3 so will try that as well.

I've had my 46X for 5 days now and i'm loving it!

Only very slight motion blur when viewing fast moving sports in SD but movies are fine (could be the crappy bitrate of SD Sky). I have noticed motion blur when gaming on the 360 as well though which is a shame. Maybe i'm just more particular than most people but it's definitely there! PGR3 was the worst offender and the game also has a lot of simulated motion blur which doesn't really help matters. Games like Gears Of War look absolutely fine though.

Anyway a question to the OP and anyone else who owns either a 40X or 46X and a 360 or PS3, do you have 'Game Mode' switched on when gaming? Apparently it bypasses a lot of the circuitry in the TV so you get a faster response from the panel but i can't find more detailed info anywhere. I'm trying to find what exactly it bypasses as i can't notice a difference when gaming.

Thanks in advance :smashin:

Will try Game mode on the PS3. To be honest though it looks fine in Resitance Fall of Man, and Gran Turismo HD on the PS3 so far.

Also I have not watched any normal Telly in it yet. Although it has a DVB tuner built in , I'm getting Sky HD multiroom installed tommorow. ~I had it at my old house and Sky HD really is the business.

Will report what it looks like from Sky HD tommorow, as well as normal tv through the sky box.

I was playing in the PS3 all today, and the screen just continues to wow me. Even the start up is great when the Sony logo lights up. Makes my regular Aquos look very ordinary (although to be fair the pics crisp with the Xbox 360).

Do you have the H and W dimensions for both the 40x and 46x with pedestal? Would like to get this but it's gotta fit in the tv bench alcove. I've noticed the price has gone down to 1,821 and 2,544 respectively not with the 5 yr warranty though - think JL will PM with sselectricals?

Do you have the H and W dimensions for both the 40x and 46x with pedestal? Would like to get this but it's gotta fit in the tv bench alcove. I've noticed the price has gone down to 1,821 and 2,544 respectively not with the 5 yr warranty though - think JL will PM with sselectricals?

46X

Depth (incl Stand) (mm)

Depth (mm)

Height (incl Stand) (mm)

Height (mm)

Width (incl Stand) (mm)

Width (mm)

40X

Depth (incl Stand) (mm)

Depth (mm)

Height (incl Stand) (mm)

Height (mm)

Width (incl Stand) (mm)

Width (mm)

I bought mine from DitgitalEmpire for around £2600. It's just got one year warranty. I'll buy a third party warranty for the rest. John lewis don't PM with online prices as far as I know.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom