1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got a Pansonic 28PL1- need help

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by shez316, May 25, 2002.

1. shez316

shez316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Unlike most board members I am very happy with this set. The RGB picture is good and the S Video is stunning. The geometry is the best I've ever seen.
    Anyway, there is a JUST picture option. This allows 4:3 images to fill the screen. It leaves the centre of the picture intact and stretches the sides. The only problem is this option is not available via RGB input, why? Is there a way round this through hidden menus?

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when I had the PL36 I used to watch dvds in rgb through the JUST mode no problem.

3. shez316

shez316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a digibox outputting RGB to the TV. There is no JUST option. However, if outputting composite the option appears.

4. PRICEY

PRICEY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with shaunthedude,use the just mode,it's by far the best auto setting.

5. rmg

rmg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, but he said he couldnt access it via RGB. !

Sound v. annoying mate...

Might be worth giving panny UK a call?

6. Nyquil Driver

Nyquil Driver
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, the 'Just' mode can't be utilised with RGB pictures (As you probably know, it states this clearly in the manual). Not sure why though?!. Just a quirk of how they've set things up I suppose...

I had a good look through the service menus when I owned a PL1, but there wasn't anything in there relating to this issue (or anything else of practical use TBH!). All I found was a multitude of geometry parameters and a couple of things that didn't seem to do much.

I've heard there's a "Level 2" service menu aswell, but I never found out how to access that one...