1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got a new TV: a few questions

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Zaichik, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Zaichik

Mar 5, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I've just taken delievery of a Panasonic TX28DTX10C 100Hz 28" IDTV. So far, the picture quality seems excellent. I've yet to test it on a footie match, though, or to watch for a long period. One thing that has surprised me is that the digital channels work - last time I tried my old OnDigital box with our aerial, the channels were really pixelly and kept breaking up so you couldn't watch them.

I do have a couple of questions, though, on which I'd appreciate help:

1. I don't know whether it's my eyesight or what, but the picture doesn't appear level. This is particularly noticeable when viewing analogue teletext: the fast text options at the bottom slope downwards from left to right. The text at the top looks level though. Is there anything I can do to remedy this, or is it a fault?

2. When I watch a programme in 4:3, it quite often distorts out of shape, usually with bright colours. This is probably a stupid question, but what should I adjust to correct this?

Thanks for your advice.