• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Just got a new BT you view box but there's no scary out or rf out.

Jolskjaer

Novice Member
Just signed up to BT. But no scart av out or rf out. Wanting to watch TV upstairs and change channels with a magic eye from up there with remote. Got a triax rf modulator but with box having no scart out I can't use it. Is there anyway of getting a box to work upstairs. Can I split the hdmi signal? Please help!!!!

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Yes, you can split the HDMI and you can also get HDTV RF modulators - although they do cost! I guess you are probably looking at an HDMI - scart converter? In which case you might need a splitter that can "assist" you with HDCP copy protection issues. Depending upon the converter, you may also find that plugging it in forces the output of the BT box to a lower resolution.

Jolskjaer

Novice Member
Yes getting a hdmi splitter that supports hdcp. Splitting the main supply then one into main TV then the othe into a scart coverter which then goes to a triaxial rf modulator then onto a coax which feeds a magic eye. Is this right how I'm doing it or is there an easier way?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'Is this right how I'm doing it or is there an easier way?' - unlikely an 'easier' way but you may want to consider HDMI over RF (if your TV's have suitable tuners) as that is going to deliver a better image in your secondary Zones.

Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
HDMI - you add an HDMI>RF Modulator to one Output of the Splitter and then tune the TV to the Modular or Add a compatible Receiver at the TV.

Control - IR over RF is possible though can be patchy, you may have to add a suitable Harmony remote or consider App control.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom