Just got a 360 Pro today.

JIT

Will it always be so noisy?

It's 175W so i'm presuming it's a Falcon?

Thought i'd be replacing my DVD player & using it for movies either off disc or through my router but if it's always going to be so loud i think i may be returning it!

Sandman`

Should be pretty quiet on the dashboard when not using the drive..... especially a falcon. Try altering the position of it perhaps?

JIT

This is my first experience of a 360, i've read they were loud but didn't quite expect it to be so loud.

Wouldn't be a problem for gaming but during a movie it would be quite noticeable.

I'll try standing it up see if that makes a difference.

gr0uty

This is my first experience of a 360, i've read they were loud but didn't quite expect it to be so loud.

Wouldn't be a problem for gaming but during a movie it would be quite noticeable.

I'll try standing it up see if that makes a difference.

My new falcon is just as noisy as my previous 2 360's. I don't know why people think it will be quieter just because it has a newer CPU. The cooling fans and DVD drives are the same as the older models. I think the main gripe with noise is the dashboard, if you got the DC fans there's an annoying buzz (like mine) but if you get the Nidec fans people seem to say these are silent. Luck of the draw.

Have you tried playing a movie ?
Have you left it on for a while? remember its new!!!
Does the noise really bug you ?

Mine is an old box and I can hear my sky+ box over it while playing a movie via wmp. I don't factor noise into thinking when getting a 'games' console. ;)

y2k

My 360 is upright in a stand and its still very noisey when there is a disc in it but its ok when there is not, suits me because I just take out the game and stream music and videos from my pc to it.

tomandjo2

Don't forget playing a movie the disc will spin at 1 speed rather than 52 speed for game discs and will therfore be a lot quieter.

Tom

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom