1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Got 1080 Avalanche

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Miyazaki, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    quite disappointing to be honest, after playing the last version.

I'd put it behind Amped 2, and certainly behind SSX 3.

Not a bad game though, but if you only own a GC then get SSX 3, or if you have an Xbox get Amped 2, as it is the game of the gods on live.

2. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Dagnammit! :mad:

I've got this coming on order from Amazon and should be playing it this week some time. Loved the N64 version. I'm starting to get a bit disiilusioned with Nintendo now, what with Mario Kart, Sunshine, Zelda and now this, along with a general overall lack of gaming goodness. All the stuff I bought a Gamecube for has been a bit of a letdown.

Might be time to move to Xbox country, though I hate letting Micro$oft hoover up any more money.

3. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    It's not THAT bad, it's just not great which Amped 2 is.

SSX 3 is also great, and that is on GC, so what i'm trying to say is get SSX 3 instead.

I agree that the new Mario game is awful, the cameras are really bad which is so frustrating, and the new Mario Kart is good but not mind-blowing like the SNES version.

I own a GC and an XBOX, and XBOX is far the better machine mate. When you go LIVE! you never go back :)

4. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I don't think any of those games where poor just not amazing breakthroughs that we've come to expect from Nintendo. Zelda was awesome and I'd happily have bought a GC just to play Metroid Prime.

5. stewarthollyhea

stewarthollyhea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah the reviews are backing you up saying it is just a bit BLAH! Sounds like SSX3 is theone to fgo for.

6. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +616
    I'll give 1080 a play, then probably sell it on through good ole ebay if I don't like it and buy SSX 3 in it's place.

I kind of agree with that, though I've been finding those games to be just not as good as their previous incarnations, when they should be a bit better. And I forgot to mention Waverace. These are the games I bought a Gamecube for.

I don't mean to be so negative, it's just that 1080 was the game I've been most looking forward to. Ordered it months ago. I just really clicked with the N64 version.

7. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,834
    Is Amped 2 any good? I've got SSX3 on Xbox and I love it, I'm one of those speed junkies from the early days of Wipeout on the PS1:D

The criteria is that Amped 2 needs to be fast...are there plenty of extremely steep mountains?:)

8. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    It's not like SSX 3 at all really.

It's a snowboarding simulation almost, rather than an extreme arcady sort of thing.

It's one of those games that is hard to master, rather than easily accessible.

9. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, i hate SSX Tricky too arcadey for me so wont be getting that, dont have or want an XBOX so Amped is out the question so have to go with 1080, if the only problem seems to be a slightly chuggy framerate and not a HUGE leap from 1080 N64 then i am 100% sure i will like it as i played 1080 N64 for ages

On gamespot it got just about identical scores to Amped 2 only lacking in the Value sector, but it has LAN play right? if so i will get lots of play out of it round me mates :)

EDIT just Read Amped 2 Reviews and it seems it also suffers with chuggy framerate, very strange we are getting this problem on next gen machines, Rushed development is the only reason for this very slack

10. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Yeah but amped 2 is LIVE! mate.

Instantly boots it up 10%

11. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah when we gona get Snowboarding on PC :)

12. spidermanalf

spidermanalf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Got it this morning, put in teh cube at 10, now 11.34, and I have completed all teh tracks! Hmmm value for money??

I suppose I have to do the jumps now! But I will prob have those cracked by tonight! Think it'll be going back to Game tomorrow!

I don't understand why I need CODES to TYPE IN to play unlocked levels! Whats that all about not done that for years! I thought thats what memory cards were for!

13. spidermanalf

spidermanalf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    May have been a bit harsh! Been going through Time Trials and they are pretty cool!

But still took me 3 or 4 hours to do them all with all the medals! And got golds on all the tricks! So still a short game!

14. monsta2003

monsta2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep its a short game in terms of getting things done, but i think its the replay in time trialing thats the most fun, specialy when you start getting good ghosts to race against