1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just gone for the Pioneer 313

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by biggy7, Oct 14, 2003.

1. biggy7

biggy7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    just gone for the pioneer 313 from techronics, have i made the right choice?:eek:

been reading this forum alot, and have noticed reviews saying picture quality looks likes its been smeared by vaseline.

it was a choice between this and the sony 550, but for me, the pioneer looked the part, just hope i have made the right choice!

only time wil ltell, will keep u updated! any 313 users here? please post yout thoughts!

cheers

2. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I believe that those comments were merely repeating the words of a recent magazine review, so just let your own eyes and ears make a judgment :)

In terms of any users' thoughts, I haven't yet bumped into any comment with respect to the 313 - so perhaps you could be the first? :clap:

3. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    The comment about vasaline I'm guessing was probably because the system had an overly strong rgb signal and the picture was a bit saturated and lacked detail. The statement was originally from a What Hifi review which basically heavily criticised the model. You may find that your better off with a rubbish heavy resistance cheapo scart cable than a hq one just to help reduce signal levels via scart. Certainly take special notice of black level gradiance in the image. If black is always solid back and theirs no stepping in intensity the signal may be too strong via rgb.

4. biggy7

biggy7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    cheers guys for the info!

will give some feedback when i get the system ;)

5. bimmer

bimmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also intrested in how dcs-313 works because i'm planing to buy it too. So please hurry up with feedback when you get the unit.

6. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, get a move on Biggy! :devil: :laugh: :devil:

7. bimmer

bimmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought Pioneer dcs-313 today, and i must say that i'm impressed with it. Simply it's above all my expectations. The bass is great, picture quality too, effects are very realistic. My opinion is that for the money there is no better home cinema. I have tested Samsung HT-DB750 with ACS-auto sound calibration and (530W) i must say that it is no match for pioneer DCS-313 in CD playback because pioneer has far more better (powerfull) sub and sats. In movie pioneer is still better because I have filling that it is much more powerfull and dialogue on center sat is great. Now i'm going to test it in details, until now i have played two films and two cd-s. And also it can be very loud unlike other home cinema systems that i have heard.