Just gone for a new 2 Channel Setup

MadMaelstrom

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So after years of making the 7.1/2 Channel comprimise (i.e. trading one off against the other) I've taken the plunge and invested in a seperate 2 Channel setup.
I'd really like to exploit the wealth of knowledge and experience on here and run my list past you all to see if i've made some glaring omissions/mistakes (as they can be rectified at this moment in time)

B&W 802D's
Classe 2200 Power Amp
Classe CDP300 (on loan, actually looking at the 502)
Van Den Hul Revolution Speaker Cable
Audition XLR InterConnects.

Comments/criticism welcome

So after years of making the 7.1/2 Channel comprimise (i.e. trading one off against the other) I've taken the plunge and invested in a seperate 2 Channel setup.
I'd really like to exploit the wealth of knowledge and experience on here and run my list past you all to see if i've made some glaring omissions/mistakes (as they can be rectified at this moment in time)

B&W 802D's
Classe 2200 Power Amp

Only you know the answer to that one!

B&W 802D's
Classe 2200 Power Amp

Can I check, are you saying that you've already bought the system? If so, it's a bit late asking our views on the purchase, so I do hope you like it.

A glaring omission is that you didn't buy a preamp. The CP-500 would probably make a decent match.

Actually, fair point. Am going to use the CD player via XLR inputs, fortunately they come equipped with volume controls.

Are you sure the CDP300 (which is a DVD player with a good CD section) has variable level outputs? It doesn't over here (CH).

Im pretty sure it does. Connection to the amp will be via XLR and the dealer has confirmed that all Classe Source Components (CD based) can act as a pre-amp as well.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom