Just found out I have a Twitter Account

DarenD

Lol never used Twitter in my life and here I am with an active account since 2012. Also I don't ever remember living in Spain, been a Twitter fanatic, net buff or online trail blazer.

Like how the hell have I never received an email from this account?

McVicar

Distinguished Member
Lol never used Twitter in my life and here I am with an active account since 2012. Also I don't ever remember living in Spain, been a Twitter fanatic, net buff or online trail blazer.

Sound like one of your Spaish birds has set you up!

D

Deleted member 27989

How do you know it is yours then if you've never used it?

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Thread is lacking important details.

DarenD

D

Deleted member 27989

Don't remember having one of them either unfortunately

It's my email address. I signed upto Twitter last night to find out I was already registered recovered the password and voila. A Twitter account.

See above
Anyone could register with your email account, then didn't verify it (as it is your email address), and thus you never get emails...Or the emails you got went straight into spam...Perhaps even your email is pawned ;)

Have I Been Pwned: Check if your email has been compromised in a data breach

D

Deleted member 27989

If they account creation form was submitted, but never verified, would that account actually exist, years later?
It wouldn't surprise me. Remember the days when measurement of success of companies like Twitter was done in numbers of subscribers...I think it was only recently they performed a big cull of accounts.

DarenD

Dunno now cause the account has been suspended. It had a photo of some girl on it. I've emailed Twitter on their help page to sort this out. It's been registered since 2012 lol

D

Deleted member 27989

Dunno now cause the account has been suspended. It had a photo of some girl on it. I've emailed Twitter on their help page to sort this out. It's been registered since 2012 lol
myspace in 2008, dropbox in 2012. Two major data breaches...Did you check your email in the link I provided earlier?

brunation

I don't have a . in my email. So maybe they do?

Yes ... but the Twitter account doesn't have dots otherwise they would be copying GMail behaviour and it doesn't explain

when

It's my email address. I signed upto Twitter last night to find out I was already registered recovered the password and voila. A Twitter account.

Not a Twitter user - maybe they have other verification means or use Single-Sign On.

D

Deleted member 27989

I don't have a . in my email. So maybe they do?
As @brunation explained they can't have the same name as you but just with a . in it. Google's mail servers are a bit different than others in relation to what happens before the @. It doesn't just work with . but also with +. About the only thing I like about that service :)

So, to me it seems to be a case of;
1. Either you registered yourself and forgot about it.
2. Someone else registered with the wrong address and they couldn't access it.
3. Or someone did it on purpose in an attempt to steal your identity and they've also hacked your gmail and removed all emails from twitter in it :)

Most often the simplest explanation is the correct one...

DarenD

So I was given full access back into this account and apart from I follow 430 people and 2 people follow me. I cant see anything other than the original description of woman's photo, address in Spain and dum profile description. I figure some scrote has used my email address and spammed the life out of Twitter until they got suspended.

D

Deleted member 27989

So I was given full access back into this account and apart from I follow 430 people and 2 people follow me. I cant see anything other than the original description of woman's photo, address in Spain and dum profile description. I figure some scrote has used my email address and spammed the life out of Twitter until they got suspended.
You better live up to your new found reputation then :)

shodan

Distinguished Member
I reckon you got drunk and registered.... I've heard that can happen...

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Google set to launch the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Focal launches Bathys noise-cancelling wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Formovie Theater UST projector hits the UK
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series