Just For Information - Denon Parts

100949football

Just a wee bit word for anyone trying to get Denon Parts for a U.S. import machine!
I've had a nightmare trying to get a spare part for my US 110 volt Denon AVC-A1.
I'm dealing with Denon across the pond but I
still cannot get it and believe it or not Denon cannot even identify my machine despite me supplying make/model/serial number........it clearly says 100% DENON on the amp, it looks 100% DENON and I'm certain it is DENON.......but DENON don't recognise it?
The machine is stamped AVC-A1 but one aspect I am wondering about is that the badge shows it to be "made in Japan"........but that is where DENON are from ain't it?

Anybody help.
I've tried the Brit Denon Parts stockists but they are not very helpful at all.

they just seem to take the attitude it's a 110 volt machine therefore not U.K. .....try elsewhere with no direction given.

help would be appreciated:smashin::smashin:

zad

Just a wee bit word for anyone trying to get Denon Parts for a U.S. import machine!
I've had a nightmare trying to get a spare part for my US 110 volt Denon AVC-A1.
I'm dealing with Denon across the pond but I
still cannot get it and believe it or not Denon cannot even identify my machine despite me supplying make/model/serial number........it clearly says 100% DENON on the amp, it looks 100% DENON and I'm certain it is DENON.......but DENON don't recognise it?
The machine is stamped AVC-A1 but one aspect I am wondering about is that the badge shows it to be "made in Japan"........but that is where DENON are from ain't it?

Anybody help.
I've tried the Brit Denon Parts stockists but they are not very helpful at all.

they just seem to take the attitude it's a 110 volt machine therefore not U.K. .....try elsewhere with no direction given.

help would be appreciated:smashin::smashin:

Have you got the details for the uk parts stockiest as my 2802 seems to playing up and I think its the IC on the DSP board but cant seem to find the IC in the UK..

Cheers

Darren

Cable Monkey

Denon sell regionally. Denon UK haven't made a penny out of a US imported machine and so are not obliged to support it. Add to that the territorial differences between various models and it becomes a nightmare for them. It isn't acceptable in my view (Denon is Denon no matter where it was purchased) but it is the risk you take with any grey import, not just Denon.

Darren, Denon have enough clout to be able to have IC's uniquely numbered for them, especially DSP's. What does a search of its part number reveal on Google?

zad

Ive managed to get a good response from Charles Hyde for the IC gah gotta wait 2 weeks or so for it though
Dont think I can cope with no decent sounds tv speakers suck!!!

100949football

Have you got the details for the uk parts stockiest as my 2802 seems to playing up and I think its the IC on the DSP board but cant seem to find the IC in the UK..

Cheers

Darren

Hi darren,

I'm sorry to be so vague, and probably no help at all, but look on google.....key in Denon Parts.....the company I'm certain begins with "H"....if I can be more speceific I'll come back to you.

FOUND IT:

http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/manufacturer_replacement_parts/denon/

Their name is Charles Hyde.

Bill

Last edited:

zad

Hi darren,

I'm sorry to be so vague, and probably no help at all, but look on google.....key in Denon Parts.....the company I'm certain begins with "H"....if I can be more speceific I'll come back to you.

FOUND IT:

Original Manufacturer Replacement Parts

Their name is Charles Hyde.

Bill

hehe was just going to reply to your post with the same link :)

tbh Im not sure if it is that ic which is the problem,my amp seems fine in prologic2 mode but put it into dts neo and it dies and just flashes Digital on the screen.. Any thoughts I have no idea how dsp board works I would have thought pl2 was also part of the dsp mode?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom