1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just For Info Sony Vaio Pocket 20 & 40GB

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by kevH, Jun 10, 2005.

1. kevH

kevH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Seems like theres plenty of the above on Ebay at what seems like very decent prices as cheapest around seems to be £199 at Dixons Currys etc.

Vaio Pocket 20GB £126.50
    Vaio Pocket 40GB £165.00
    All plus £8.50 postage.

Im not the seller but just seems like a very good price for a half decent piece of kit !! :thumbsup:

Cheers
    Kev

2. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have been looking at one of these as a potential purchase for a little while now, I wonder if its because the item has now been discontinued by sony and theres a shed load of old stock to get rid of?

Always worries me about buying a discontinued item, what if it breaks after the warranty period, would it still be fixable and would spares still be available?

3. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    god i wish i had some spare cash! i really want one they look great

4. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Lukey - I think you will find (I either read it in the manual or in the Sony guarantee, but Sony will be happy to confirm this) that Sony *guarantees* that spare parts and consumables like batteries and discs will be available for a minimum of 5 years after the release of a product. So you can relax...

The ONLY reason, I believe, that the vaio never took off is because of Sony's lack of good marketing...:)

5. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    must admit i like the vaio, it feels quality and although a little bulkier than other products on the market its quite individual...i suppose no matter what you buy it dates and becomes replaced by something more gizmo...could be tempted to finally move from minidisc :eek:

6. kevH

kevH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Dont suppose theres many 40gb players at that sort of price with that sort of spec even if it has got sonic stage !!
    Seems like everyone has recently got "job lots" of these as various places have had offers on them ie Dixons Currys et al
    Still a very nice piece of kit for what is a very low price.

Kev

7. budlynch

budlynch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well I have had mine for 2 weeks now and I wont be going back to my HD3 after this
    the sound quality is awesome and now with the new firmware updates I dont even have to use Sonicstage to transfer MP3 I can use the drag and drop Vaio Transfer prog to do it
    199 pounds for a 40 gig I could even afford a few WAV files on there