just for gaming!

joeprosho

Established Member
Reaction score
i want to get an lcd for ps3 gaming thats at least 32" i have a budget of under 400 quid really the cheaper the better, its as simple as i just want the best quality picture for gaming mostly MW2 and FPS, viewing angles dont bother me, sound isnt a big problem.

i pressume id be best off with 1080p, just want the best colours/blacks and fastest response no blurring or ghosting!!!

answers on a postcard plz!!

Ive used the LG32LH5000 for a month now ( although 3000 arnt bad either ) for MW2 and its been perfect ( you can adjust for gaming, tv, movies etc ). LG have a low responce time, which is better for gamers.. so LG are very good but the samy's are quite poor for gaming..

Hope that helps

cheers matey, i was looking at the sammy LE32B530p, but i read a review somewhere bout it ghosting on sum1 which has put me off a lot, the lg 5000 does look nice with 100hz have to see if anyone puts it on sale, did you get yours for about 450??

anyone know how whether 1080p matters i read this stuff saying "only over 40"" "only over 50"" makes a difference?

Hiya Joe, well tbh ive borrowed mt dads while i decided which new TV to get. He got it from currys on sale for £400 at xmas. Ive got a sony which is 1080p (32") and used it for MW2 and for normal dvd's and sport, and tbh cant tell a jot of diffence, in fact just brought a 37" plasma which isnt full HD, as a gerneral rule you wont notice unless your nose is on the screen..lol

gruddam, this is soo annoying i just went to richer sounds and the guy was like the LGs are really good only 5ms delay unlike 8ms for panny's but ive just been reading which reviews and for the LH2000 and Lh3000 they both say there is image delay when playing games, this just doesnt sound like what i want just for gaming.... mite just be only the 5000 thats any good

well you can get a SONY BRAVIA KDL32V5500 for £450 from richer or a KDL32S5500 for under £400.. Sonys arent bad for gaming tbh..

Another option may be a 37" plasma.. £450, but the responce time is nothing tbh, and im getting mine tomorrow and will be playing MW2 on it, so if you want i can unpdate you on it, and see how it goes

hi just a note aswell just found Lg 37LG5020 at richer sounds online 1080p and all that jazz is this pretty much the same as the 5000?? or was yours LH?? its 399 which seems a pretty decent deal for 37"... the LG5000 get a pretty great review on WHICH and thats it at only 720 so just wondering what people know about this???

oh grud i was really thinking bout the 5020 but its store only and all down south!!! looks like a class deal though

I think the LG H3000 would be perfect for you.
they come in 32,37,42,47 screen sizes.

Hi Joe, just had the plasma today, here are some comments i made on another thread, but in short for MW2, i think you will be very impressed.. i did so enjoy my first Kill :D

Ok, so its arrived... Only been on the TV for a few hours, well im working at home today of course :nono:. I havnt played with the settings, im using £1.99 scart leads ( yes i will buy some new ones ) and i sit 2.5 meters away.

Well the first issue people say its a dark picture... Completley wrong. The picture can be as bright as you like, although ( as i was watching 300 on sky ) i put it on cinema and its a Fab picture. The blacks are where you see the massive quality aspect over the LCD.

Its not Full HD will you notice?. Nope in short. I had a LGlh325000, full HD and i would say the quality is better with the plasma..The detail is great and helped by true blacks..

Watching Sky, well it looks perfect, as good as my old CRT, and the LG i had..

PS3 MW2, well it really works well on that. Great detail, and no lag from the TV at all.

So far, im blown away with it.. i will be watching the football tonight, but did have a little watch on sky ( albeit scottish football ) and it certainly has less blur than the LCD i watched..

So thats my quick comments, and will update more tomorrow after a night of TV

Hi Joe, just had the plasma today, here are some comments i made on another thread, but in short for MW2, i think you will be very impressed.. i did so enjoy my first Kill :D

Ok, so its arrived... Only been on the TV for a few hours, well im working at home today of course :nono:. I havnt played with the settings, im using £1.99 scart leads ( yes i will buy some new ones ) and i sit 2.5 meters away.

Well the first issue people say its a dark picture... Completley wrong. The picture can be as bright as you like, although ( as i was watching 300 on sky ) i put it on cinema and its a Fab picture. The blacks are where you see the massive quality aspect over the LCD.

Its not Full HD will you notice?. Nope in short. I had a LGlh325000, full HD and i would say the quality is better with the plasma..The detail is great and helped by true blacks..

Watching Sky, well it looks perfect, as good as my old CRT, and the LG i had..

PS3 MW2, well it really works well on that. Great detail, and no lag from the TV at all.

So far, im blown away with it.. i will be watching the football tonight, but did have a little watch on sky ( albeit scottish football ) and it certainly has less blur than the LCD i watched..

So thats my quick comments, and will update more tomorrow after a night of TV

plasmas are great for gaming, so this is by no means suprise :) thes best gaming TV on the market is a plasmas (G10)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom