1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just fitted my Alpine 9811...

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by kelvin, Dec 31, 2003.

1. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Stunning! :D

The Alpine is streets ahead of my old Sony unit - detail is massively improved and the amount of adjustability is incredible. I won't post a full feature list unless anyone requests it but let it be known that I am pleased!

I will make a quick comment on Alpine's "time correction" feature though - fantastic! It allows you to compensate for the delay in sound between left/right/front/rear speakers so that the sound "hits" you at the same time. I initially thought it would be a bit of a gimmick but I'm mightily impressed :)

Installation was a bit of a faff as the positive feed needs to come direct from the battery due to the 4 x 60w amp, but that aside I haven't got a single complaint!

Anyone thinking of a new head unit... I cannot recommend the Alpine highly enough :)

K.

2. paulr

paulr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    I was thinking of getting that too,its a toss up between that and the 9812 MP3 player.
    My only concern is the motorised front.A few people i know have had connection problems with them after a while,all that opening and closing etc.
    Where did you get it from?..and is yours the green lighting,do you know if they do it in red?
    What car is it in?

Cheers Paul......

3. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I got it from www.letsbuycaraudio.com - the prices were competitive and several people I know have purchased off of them before without any problems. I ordered over the phone using the number on the website...

The 9811 is only available with the green lighting I'm afraid - it changes to red (more orange actually ;)) when you make adjustments to the EQ but you can't pick and choose your colour scheme like you can on higher end models like the 9815.

As far as connection problems are concerned, I can't say that I've had any, or come across any so far. A friend of mine has the 7812 (hazy memory - think thats right) which is an older version with the motorised front and there's no problems there. If anything did come up it would more likely be mechanical than "connection" related anyway (sorry if that sounds pedantic! ;))

It's fitted in a Fiat Punto at the moment ( :blush: )

I'm still more than happy with it :) Let me know if you have any other queries...

K.

4. paulr

paulr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Thanks Kelvin.

5. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    No problem :)

Just remembered this thread after seeing a similar thread of yours "elsewhere" - hope you've got all the answers you were after :)

K.

6. backtothefuture

backtothefuture

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've had my alpine for over a year... haven't yet used its time correction feature... did you measure distances etc, in order to tune yours up ?