Just entered the Next Gen Era.

R

R^T

Well tonight I went and collected my Xbox 360.

What a piece of kit it is.

Got 4 games. PGR3,PDZ,Quake 4 and Farcry predator.

Thinking of trading a couple for Dead Rising (when it comes out)

And after looking at reviews I think oblivion is a must have.

Got it on LIVE aswell, can't wait!

So just thought I would pop my head in the Next Gen room and say hi.

I'm ganna be here for a while

andrewrunagall

Novice Member
Yes, say goodbye to sleeping, took me 3 days to come off of LIVE the 1st time I used it.

BuFF DaDDy

Novice Member
Welcome to the best decision you will ever make mate :smashin:

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Yep, welcome mate and well done on purchasing what is a superb console!

You can pick up many of the old games pretty cheap now and don't forget XBox Live arcade as there are some great games on there as well!

There's also a wealth of demo's on the marketplace to help you choose what to buy but i'd recommend -

Oblivion - absolute must have! No matter whether you've played an RPG or not before, this game is simply amazing and i've not known anyone who's not been impressed by it so far - the best game on the 360 so far.

Call of Duty 2 - I see you like FPS games, well this is the best one on the 360 - superb 1 player game and it's brilliant fun online and now runs a treat with hardly any lag at all.

Fight Night Round 3 - Great boxing game - simply amazing graphics and a brilliant control system - Great on and offline.

There's stacks of other great games on the 360 and many can be had for £17.99 from various etailers. I'd definately recommend the 3 above though. :)

Pebb

CAS FAN said:
Yep, welcome mate and well done on purchasing what is a superb console!

You can pick up many of the old games pretty cheap now and don't forget XBox Live arcade as there are some great games on there as well!

There's also a wealth of demo's on the marketplace to help you choose what to buy but i'd recommend -

Oblivion - absolute must have! No matter whether you've played an RPG or not before, this game is simply amazing and i've not known anyone who's not been impressed by it so far - the best game on the 360 so far.

Call of Duty 2 - I see you like FPS games, well this is the best one on the 360 - superb 1 player game and it's brilliant fun online and now runs a treat with hardly any lag at all.

Fight Night Round 3 - Great boxing game - simply amazing graphics and a brilliant control system - Great on and offline.

There's stacks of other great games on the 360 and many can be had for £17.99 from various etailers. I'd definately recommend the 3 above though. :)
I would say if he has a good PC, then he should buy COD2 for the PC instead of the 360, while buying GRAW instead.

Andy130

agree with TVR. G.R.A.W is unbelievable. just dont let the small
contingent of on-line to$$ers get to ya :D

have both and COD2 hasnt been in the console for a long time.
But like CAS says..... you.....must.....get......oblivion.

Dont know were im gunna find time for the upcoming titles.

Oh and welcome onboard. :thumbsup:

andy

tinners

Novice Member
TVR_Fan said:
I would say if he has a good PC, then he should buy COD2 for the PC instead of the 360, while buying GRAW instead.
Buy BF2:MC & GR:AW, if you like shooters you will definately not be disappointed.

I also think Table Tennis is amazing, who'd have thought that could have been interesting.

And Live is great, prepare for no broadband for a couple of days while you download all those demos :D and Arcade Games (I love Smash TV & Geometry Wars)

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
TVR_Fan said:
But the PC isn't even part of this discussion so that's not really relevant. Also I prefer the 360 version of COD2 as I can just kick back with a pad and not have to mess about using a keyboard and a mouse. Both versions are pretty identical graphically.

Didn't like GRAW and sold it after a week or two. It was OK, had great graphics and some of the levels were good but it just didn't really gloat my boat.