Just Downgrade My Sky Package

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by bob007, Jan 3, 2003.

1. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well that's it, Sky can stick there movie packages where the sun don't shine, rang them up last night because I am sick to the back teeth with the garbage that is being broadcast, same old movies, lack of widescreen and basic surround sound. This is excactly what I told them when asked why I was downgrading my package. I never thought I would see the day when the BBC, ITV, Chann4 and Five would be ahead in the broadcasing of widescreen, though still basic surround sound they are making an effort. I wouldn't be surprised if they were the first to offer a 5.1 soundtrack, even if it was just for movies, without having to buy another box costing £300 and more subscription just for the pleasure. To me all sky are interested in is Sky+ which I think is a rip off and the interactive crap which is slowly degrading picture quality.

At least this time instead of moaning about it I have done something positive, I've cancelled.

Rant over

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Bob aren't you a big cricket fan? All the World Cup games next month are on Sky! Should have waited 6 weeks. :(

3. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Robert!:eek:

You have run out of Abbey Crunch again haven't you!:D

Taz.:cool:

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm big :eek: but not a cricket fan, can't stand it, so it looks as if I cancelled at the right time. :D

5. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes :(.....and last night run out of patience. :D

6. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Oops, my mistake. Got you confused with Lex and IanJ :blush: . Humble apologies sir. :D

7. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I thought I read something about Sky introducing more widescreen movie channels this year, cant remeber whether it was jan or Apr though, soomer the better, I never whatch the non widescreen ones.

8. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky lost me when "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" showed on Sky Widescreen... once. I missed it, so I thought I'd wait until they showed it again. Well, they showed it about a thousand times on the regular channel... but I don't think they ever showed it again on Widescreen. Stupid bastards.

Good for you Bob, Sky Movies is just rubbish. :) More widescreen movies would definitely help, but they would have to drastically increase the quality of the films before I ever subscribe again.

9. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The increase in movie channels when digital first arrived was a blessing but after a while I think everyone would agree with only the same content spread over more channels it just makes it look to be of poorer value.
    I would consider going back to two main movie channels (all w/s and DD5.1) with another 4 or 5 channels dedicated to themes (Classic B&W, Westerns, Scifi, Musicals etc).

I had the movies over the christmas break and come the end of December there were a couple of times there was no movies I fancied watching.
    Now that's not a situation that encourages anyone to subscribe for more than one month :)

10. roadtorode

roadtorode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bob007,

What did you save by dumping the SKY movies ? I am thinking of doing it too, and spending the money instead on DVD rental (I can get a 2 DVDs, delivered & collected, for a week for £5)

I am unhappy with the quality of the films, the lack of widescreen, the number of repeats, and the variable picture quality, and the impending price hike...

11. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I need E4, it's the only " Sky " channel I watch, so really I am paying £16 per month for one channel.
    I am waiting to see the last two episodes of The Sopranos then cancelling my subscription, it's not worth £18.50 for E4.
    I'll wait to watch E.R., Six Feet Under and Friends on C4 instead, only a day to wait as regards Friends anyway.
    So instead of Sky gaining £2.50 per month they have lost £16 per month instead :p .
    I'm hoping E4 will turn up on Freeview.

12. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Were paying £37 for the full package, went for the family package in the end, now I save myself £18-50 a month.

NTL are in for an ear bashing tomorrow. :D