1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just demoed the HT200 & need advice!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Paulherb, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Paulherb

Paulherb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi everyone,
    I've recently demoed a HT200 and was presently suprised. I currently own a CRT which everyone knows gives a great picture.

I've owned various LCD pjs in the past and the screendoor effect to me just ruined the home cinema experience( however far you sat from the screen).

The HT200 was on a 6 foot wide screen and from where I was sitting I could hardly see any screendoor. I pitcure was sharp and the colours were great although I think the pj could do with some extra brightness.

Any how my question is has anyone seen the HT300 in action has this has the 1200 x 720 DLP chip as aposed to the 800 x 600.

Can anyone confirm that the HT 300 has a sharper picture than the HT200 and maybe a little more brightness.

Any help would be most welcome!

Cheers

Paulh.

p.s. Yes I could see the rainbows but the shop guy told me thatthe DM model fixed this.

2. minimivic

minimivic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi Paul,

The HT200 is very good the HT200DM is better.
    The rainbow is vertually eliminated with the HT200DM thanks to the 6 segment colour wheel.
    The HT300 is a lot sharper than the HT200 and DM but brightness is about the same. On a 6' or 7' wide screen it shouldn't be a problem, are you sure the demo unit was setup correctly?

BTW I have just ordered my HT300 its that good.

3. Paulherb

Paulherb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the info mate!

Paulh.