Just chipped my XBOX , but....

John

Reaction score
Hi all , finally got round to chipping my box (X2.6 solderless).Installation of chip seems to have gone ok. From what I've read , when I switch it on it should pop the tray open ready to recieve the disc . however , I get asked where I want to flash from DISC or HD also gives me the option to Lock/unlock th HD , does that sound right ?

Yes, it does sound OK. Apparently they don't come with the BIOS anymore so you need to flash it. Instructions should have come with your chip

Yeah , am trying to create a disc at the moment , not sure I'm doning it right tho ( I am following instructions )

hi john scarlet what is the best bios to use with the 2.6 and what size 512 or 1gig

Good question , I don't know . I thought I had found a bios but I now think it was to easy to locate :confused: . The instructions say to use a 1mb one . I have been able to do that with the .bin file I found ,but as I said I don't think its the right one :blush:

While were talking BIOS , please bear in mind the new sticky at the top of the forum :lesson:

although my email addy is in my profile ;)

I wish

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom