Just Cause - Discussion thread

Plenty to do yet though in the way of side missions/stunts etc. Think I only have 10 out of the 50 achievements so far.

The side missions and liberations will probably take you longer than the story mode - but watch out as a lot of the side missions are bugged and you just cannot complete them, but just go and do another one as there is an infinite supply of them to do... Some of the military bases can be quite tough to overthrow too - but if you breezed through the tank mission you should have no bother :thumbsup:

Found another race last night in the city centre, that was a lot easier, although I still couldn't complete it. This time due to the fact after about 8 checkpoints I couldn't see where the hell the next checkpoint was, damn, wish there was a guide arrow showing you what direction to go in.

Yes isolie is right, although in some of the races the next checkpoint is so far away that it doesn't appear on the map (the boat and plane races come to mind here) but the arrow in the red checkpoint should point in the general direction you need to head. Must admit I thought the two city races (next to each other on the map I think) were OK with plenty of time to spare - I just used the cars next to the race starts for each. The main one I'm having trouble with is the one that runs through the forest as I can't see what's coming ahead (high contrast under the trees) and I always hit somebody and end up with the police ramming/shooting me... I'm sure I read somewhere you could use the gyro-copter but I've tried that and the race just won't start... guess I'll just have to persevere ;)

The main one I'm having trouble with is the one that runs through the forest as I can't see what's coming ahead (high contrast under the trees) and I always hit somebody and end up with the police ramming/shooting me... I'm sure I read somewhere you could use the gyro-copter but I've tried that and the race just won't start... guess I'll just have to persevere ;)

Yep, that's the very one I was talking about earlier, it happened to be the first one I stubled accross and after about 5 attempts I was thinking, please don't tell me they're all this tough:rolleyes:

At least now I know about the arrow thing that should help me in my next race.

Cheers, will give that a go with the gyro-copter later, infact now I think about it I hadn't even thought to try that vehicle full stop since it was added to my vehicle list. Want to play it now but we're having a few power cuts at the moment & it terrifies me when my 360 goes off as part of the cut:eek:

Damn storms!

The main one I'm having trouble with is the one that runs through the forest as I can't see what's coming ahead (high contrast under the trees) and I always hit somebody and end up with the police ramming/shooting me... I'm sure I read somewhere you could use the gyro-copter but I've tried that and the race just won't start... guess I'll just have to persevere ;)

You need to fly the gyrocopter very low to the ground for the race to start. Then just fly above the trees and keep swooping down for the checkpoints.:devil:

You need to fly the gyrocopter very low to the ground for the race to start. Then just fly above the trees and keep swooping down for the checkpoints.:devil:

I found the flying race very difficult with the girocopter, infact I couldn't do it so I came back with the high tech looking hellicopter and breezed through it with loads of time to spare.

I found the flying race very difficult with the girocopter, infact I couldn't do it so I came back with the high tech looking hellicopter and breezed through it with loads of time to spare.

I tried 3 times with the gyro-copter and all three times I ran out of time before reaching the power station where you are supposed to fly between the chimney's - it's obviously just not fast enough. Ended up using that little Piper Cherokee plane that was nearby and had loads of time to spare. Also this particular race is much easier at night - the red rings you have to fly through are so much brighter and easier to spot from a distance :smashin:

I landed it on the road and it still didn't start! :confused: :(

Yeah, It can't be done with the gyro-copter as it's too slow. It was the mountain race one that i was on about. As steve said the plane race is easy with the plane as long as you race it at night when the rings are pink, I found some of them impossible to see if you raced it in daylight.(or i need a trip to specsavers :rolleyes: )

Steve.. Don't land on the road, You need to hover just above the ground or the race wont start. I just got as low as possible without touching the ground and then just kept tapping the stick forwards and backwards while the 3-2-1 counted down.:smashin:

I managed to do a race in the Gyro last night, as already mentioned, by hovering over the start line it went as usual. I actually found it easier just using a car though in that particular race(was in city) as one slight scrape of a building destroyed my vehicle. Might give the Gyro a go for the forest race in a bit though.

It was a little easier now I know about the ticks & the arrows in the checkpoints, but to be honest I still struggled to see the damn things, I always thought I had good eyesight but maybe not:rolleyes:

Why is it that after completing the main missions it seems most of the time if you want to call a heavy drop or ask for an evacuation it says "unavailable at this time":confused: I had that nearly every time I tried to use them last night despite not being invloved in a task or mission, not being under attack, and being in a nice open space. Couldn't think what the reason could be?

Why is it that after completing the main missions it seems most of the time if you want to call a heavy drop or ask for an evacuation it says "unavailable at this time":confused: I had that nearly every time I tried to use them last night despite not being invloved in a task or mission, not being under attack, and being in a nice open space. Couldn't think what the reason could be?

Two things I can think of here; firstly it doesn't like you calling in a vehicle drop in a city area so get to the outskirts first.

The second main one is: if your last drop vehicle is still intact and you haven't wandered far enough away for it to magically "disappear" then it will still be there waiting for you... and as long as it still exists you can't get another one!

The way around this is to destroy your old one when you reach your destination! 99% of the time I travel by Gyro-Copter and just bail out over my destination and let the 'copter crash'n'burn :cool: - then when I want another one it's always available :thumbsup:

Steve.. Don't land on the road, You need to hover just above the ground or the race wont start. I just got as low as possible without touching the ground and then just kept tapping the stick forwards and backwards while the 3-2-1 counted down.:smashin:

Done it now :thumbsup:

Don't know why it didn't work before but it sure made that "crazy mountain track" a doddle - that was my last race too :clap:

So how do you get the Sea Vehicle Stunt Acheivement?

I have the Land & Air ones but not sure what I need to do for this one, I've certainly done plenty of jumping from one boat to another during the game but haven't gained this achievement yet. I remember seeing a water ramp during one of my missions, do I need to do some stunts from that or something?

Any tips appreciated, would like to get a couple more achievements from this game before I sell it on and most of the remaining ones seem a bit too tedious for my liking, especially the collect(never bother with these where you have to search around for items) & side mission ones that seem far too repetative to do 50 of them.

Lee.

Forget ramps. I grappled to a boat, reeled in and then did the press A to jump to vehicle bit. Repeat a few times to get that achievement :thumbsup:

So how do you get the Sea Vehicle Stunt Acheivement?

I have the Land & Air ones but not sure what I need to do for this one, I've certainly done plenty of jumping from one boat to another during the game but haven't gained this achievement yet. I remember seeing a water ramp during one of my missions, do I need to do some stunts from that or something?

Any tips appreciated, would like to get a couple more achievements from this game before I sell it on and most of the remaining ones seem a bit too tedious for my liking, especially the collect(never bother with these where you have to search around for items) & side mission ones that seem far too repetative to do 50 of them.

Lee.

You have to land on a boat by parachute... just jumping from one to another doesn't work... if you are feeling really lazy just get in a boat, when you hit a certain speed you'll get an option to "deploy chute" - do this and then grapple yourself back to the boat and jump to it... repeat until you get it :smashin:

Simple as that eh? And there was me thinking I might have to do some insane ramp jumps like mid air flips or 360's:laugh:

Thanks both, will bag that one later:smashin:

Started playing this again over the weekend. Just read through the whole thread for tips and advice. Thanks all who contributed :)

Anyone still playing this? I'm playing through some of my older games to fill the void before the big games come out mid november.

I completed GRAW on friday and Lego star wars on saturday so I decided to try out just cause again and managed to finish the main mission on sunday. I think i'm just tieing up loose ends before GOW.
I had forgotten how much I enjoyed this game and now i'll run around doing side missions and liberating settlements.

I've started playing this again over the past few days but am now stuck on one of the last few levels, can't remember which number it is but it's the one where you have to destroy the tank on the island.

I keep getting killed and that bloody jet fighter is annoying as hell :mad: Can you grapple that?

Theres a few helpful hints for that mission in the previous pages on this thread. That level seems to have been a sticking point for quite a few people.

Theres a few helpful hints for that mission in the previous pages on this thread. That level seems to have been a sticking point for quite a few people.

Cheers, I'll have a look through later tonight.

Post 313 onwards mate if you don't wanna have to read through the 20 odd pages lol.

Well I read them but unfortunately they cover how to complete the level once you've destroyed the tank. Unfortunately, I've still not blown the tank up yet. Doesn't help that the only RPG I can get has only 1 ammo :(

People still playing this game? Wow my local choices refuse to stock it as they told me they dont sell poor at best video games! ;)

Well I read them but unfortunately they cover how to complete the level once you've destroyed the tank. Unfortunately, I've still not blown the tank up yet. Doesn't help that the only RPG I can get has only 1 ammo :(

All you need to do is hijack a tank once you get inside the palace gates - there are usually a few of them that roll up to the gate as you go in, more often than not one of them will get blocked in making it even easier... once you've hijacked one aim for that tank in the far corner and keep blasting until it blows up (use the shells not the machine guns) :smashin:

People still playing this game? Wow my local choices refuse to stock it as they told me they dont sell poor at best video games! ;)

It has its' flaws (mainly a lack of polish and a few bugs) but it's a really fun game once you get into it... There aren't many games that offer you the sort of freedom and variety that Just Cause does; racing, cars, boats, planes, helicopters, guns, tnaks, base jumping... The graphics can be quite breathtaking too once you take to the air or hop in a high powered boat. It did take me a few hours to get hooked granted, but then I just had to see and do it all :smashin:

It has its' flaws (mainly a lack of polish and a few bugs) but it's a really fun game once you get into it... There aren't many games that offer you the sort of freedom and variety that Just Cause does; racing, cars, boats, planes, helicopters, guns, tnaks, base jumping... The graphics can be quite breathtaking too once you take to the air or hop in a high powered boat. It did take me a few hours to get hooked granted, but then I just had to see and do it all :smashin:

The bugs didnt really bother me.. its that damn auto aim. It takes away the enjoyment of the gun battles totally. That was the main killer for me!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom